“Horrible DONT GO!”

Beth's Bake Shoppe & Tea Room
Ranked #8 of 20 Bakeries in Springfield
Reviewed 6 April 2018

When my friend and I first went for the cake tasting we were in a wonderland! The cakes on display r gorgeous and the little boutique area is simply adorable. Beth was very helpful with the cake ideas and her input was well guided. However our disappointment after paying 160 for a two tier cake was the flatness and dull cake we received. Two tiers one golden and one with ruffles doesn’t sound hard to make but by the looks of the cake it must have been difficult. It was not smooth in any sense and the colors were way off what she wanted. The cake looks like it doesn’t come from a high end bakery and honestly I was disappointed... I thought the cakes were supposed to look like those on display but I’m regretful to say that’s anything by the truth.

1  Thank Briseida S

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Unbelievable! Very attractive shop. Such good pastries....delicious......rich......yum. If into desserts, you gotta go!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We have made Beth's a frequent lunch spot. My favorite dishes are the quiches with nutty slaw and the Tuscan Chicken. My wife really likes the salads. My order is not complete without their bottomless peach tea. The after dinner mints are a nice touch. We are not big dessert people, but they have wonderful desserts.

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Great little lunch stop. Staff was very friendly and attentive. The food was super good too. I also had a slice of pecan pie...uh so good. Definitely a new lunch stop!

Reviewed 5 July 2016

We had them make a cake for my dad's 90th birthday party. My dad's a big baseball fan and his favorite team is the Chicago White Sox. So we had them put the logo on the cake. It looked great. It tasted even better. It was chocolate cake with white frosting. The cake was tasted great. The frosting was great. It wasn't too sugary tasting like some bakery frosting can be. There was some left over cake which we took home with us. It stayed fresh for another couple of days. In all a great experience.