“Best Cashew Chicken!”
Review of Shanghai Inn

Shanghai Inn
Ranked #254 of 756 Restaurants in Springfield
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at this restaurant for years but since moving out of state I only get to enjoy their food once in a while. But it is a planned stop while in Springfield. If you like cashew chicken you need to order a plate here. It is the Best! The chicken is fried to perfection and the cashew sauce is full of flavor. Mix it with their fried rice and it is a masterpiece to the taste buds. Their sesame chicken is also very good and my wife and kids love their crab rangoon. If you're looking for a great Chinese restaurant, look no further. This is the spot. Enjoy!

1  Thank Matthew S

Reviewed 3 May 2017

So this is me going to a couple of different drive thru Chinese to see what I can find. I went to 3 different ones and ordered the same thing....Chicken Fried Rice....One of the easiest things to make, if it isn't any good, I wouldn't try anything else.

Quantity: Wow, just Wow, you get a lot for the money.
Taste: Pretty good
Will I be back to try something else: Yes, defiantly.
Service: Not too bad, I asked if they had something and they told me no, but did tell me my alternatives.
Drive Thru condition: Be careful, it is a skinny drive thru.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Moved to Springfield a year ago, and it seems that this place has tons of chinese restaurants. Shanghai Inn is okay. Decent food, pretty cheap, but nothing spectacular.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

I had the hunan vegetables with white rice and spring rolls. I am on a plant based diet and they were happy to accommodate. The food was good. The sauce was a bit much but I toned it down with the rice. Spring rolls were excellent. Cozy and budget friendly, perfect for lunch.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

We have visited this location for 30 years. Daughter wanted to stop again tonight. Service was fast and food was hot. One thing to note is that it is now cash only.

1  Thank Barney_Thelma_Lou