“You won't be able to finish your meal!”

Ali's Family Restaurant
Ranked #189 of 781 Restaurants in Springfield
Reviewed 17 August 2018

While the place is a tad rough around the edges, the service is fast & friendly, the food is good and the portions are HUGE! We came here twice for lunch during our visit to Springfield and had leftovers both times. They serve breakfast, at least thru the afternoon and the biscuits & gravy covered the entire dinner plate. The salads and omelets were also very good. Box up 1/2 your meal and leave room for the pie.
This is a great place for those on a budget looking for a down-home meal at a great price.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

From the outside looks a little run down to be honest but hey it’s good inside it’s a old style diner.

Debbie was the waitress very polite and helpful the tables are decorated with advertising and photographs.

Breakfast was great would recommend to anyone to go here it’s not a white table cloth restaurant.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Ordered a blt and a veggie omelet. The blt was good but the omelet, hash browns, and biscuits were simply not good at all. Booth was broken and restaurant felt dirty.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

I usually don't write reviews unless I'm provoked too and I couldn't let this go, Very upset still by what me and my husband witnessed here a couple months ago. Manger or Owner berating a waitress and calling her STUPID and LAZY in front of customers! Fired her and then called other workers to fill her shift stating that she "Walked out". She didn't walk out she was fired!! I would have "walked out" to if I had been treated like that. No one deserves to be treated like that especially in front of a lot of people. This was our waitress, she was super nice and was doing her job. Then all of a sudden who I assume is the manager or owner starts yelling at her and calling her STUPID! Then proceeded to come to our table because obviously our waitress was gone and complain about how stupid the waitress was, how they were short staffed and that she apologized for our bad server. This was not the case. We didn't end up staying and went and ate somewhere else. I cannot believe someone would treat another human being this way and not see that they are in the wrong. I hope that waitress got a better job. The food here was really good but our business will not be seen here and hasn't been for a long time because of how poorly the staff was treated. Small businesses like this will not last long if this continues and I wouldn't want them too.

2  Thank AdambutmostlyTara
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Drove up to Best Western Airport Hotel tired and hungry. The front desk recommended Ali's Family restaurant which you could walk to from the hotel. Once there we took a look and said :Do we really want to go in?.. and we were glad we did. The menus are a bit greasy and the place is a bit rundown to be charitable, but the ladies who work there and the food they served made it seem you had made a wise decision to come in. we had a grilled cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, bacon cheeseburgers and roast beef au jus. It all was really good and the portions were very generous. And for anyone on a budget the price is more than right.

So next time you're on the way to the airport or near the airport, stop in and meet the lovely ladies and enjoy some good food. Better than a diner.

1  Thank Carole A