“Excellent food”

Karai Ramen + Handroll
Ranked #267 of 780 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: USD 3 - USD 20
Description: Japanese ramen restaurant with a steam punk look that also offers Kochi, sushi, Asian alcohol.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This place is great for everyone from families, couples, to friends. It's very popular having opened not too long ago. As with all food made fresh it takes time to make and come out so patience may be needed. The servers are always smiling and kind. I have never had a bad experience going here. For dessert we always eat mochi ice cream of which they have several different flavors. The restaurant is in a modern/steam punk decoration and they offer drinks from Japanese brands. It's a very clean place and I would recommend it to anyone. They only have 1 bathroom for each gender but they keep it very clean which is indicative of how clean the restaurant is. I would suggest going before 7pm as it can get pretty busy with patrons. You can call your server at anytime, if for some reason you cant find your server as some people have had issues in some reviews I see, feel free to get the attention of another server, the host or hostess for the night which you meet as you enter the restaurant or even the owner who you will occasionally see walking around the restaurant. She’s very friendly and willing to help out. Do remember that the later you go the more busier the restaurant will be as it is so popular with locals and college students of the nearby Universities, some patience may be needed as a result but speaking for husband and myself the food is worth the wait. Head over to their facebook page to see more reviews and pictures of their great food.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank sabon001

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

If you don’t mind waiting for stellar food, Karai is for you. The food was FANTASTIC and came in big portions. The service; however, left much to be desired. We waiting for over 10 minutes, after getting seated, for waters and then another 5-10 minutes for our server to acknowledge us. Once our order was in, things were great, until we were done. My daughter and I sat looking around for our waitress for at least 10 minutes to get a to-go container, in fact, I logged into TripAdvisor, found the restaurant, and wrote the entire review on my phone just waiting for the waitress to come back. So … if you don’t mind waiting for good food, this place is great. If you’re not looking to be somewhere for a long time … might recommend somewhere else. BTW, she still hasn’t come to check on us for the to-go container yet.

Date of visit: March 2018