“Nice Change of Pace”

Van Gogh’s Eeterie
Ranked #78 of 794 Restaurants in Springfield
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We had brunch with a party of 6 on Sunday. They take reservations on-line, which was a plus. The food was a nice change of pace from the typical Springfield fare, and while I liked the Dutch style pancakes (crepes), my husband was not a big fan. The portions were large and my savory selection, The Sunflower Pancake, was very yummy. Our server was friendly but would do quick "fly-bys" of our table (taking orders, filling drinks and then taking off before we had a chance to ask questions or ask for additional items); we really had to make an effort to flag her down and ended up requesting help from another server. Overall, it's a great addition to the revitalization happening on C-street. I will try it again for lunch.

2  Thank Jennifer K

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

It's a bright open space and the menu is so different. Lots of wonderful sounding items, all new to us. Finally picked a couple of things, though from looking at the dishes on the tables around us I don't think you could choose something bad. Husband and I split a scrambled egg pesto dish on pancake, think it was called sunflower, then we split a dessert pancake with blueberries, lemon ginger & ice cream. Oh my gosh, such taste treats. Had hoped to be in town another day because I'd already decided on meal #2 but didn't work out that way. We will return! Also the waitress was good with answering our many questions and kept the coffee cups filled.

4  Thank Ozark_Lady
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

If you live in Springfield, or are visiting, and you like great food, hit this place at least once. The menu has both Dutch and Indonesian dishes that will impress you. I tasted three dishes (pics attached with snapshots from the menu), and they were all amazing. Can’t wait to come back!

4  Thank CrunchyGranola
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Loved it from the tulips on the window all the way to dessert! Food was unusual and tasty. Nice atmosphere. Get the pirates of the Caribbean dessert......awesome!

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank Heartnp1
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I went with my husband for lunch and the server could not recommend anything. Since it was my first time, I was hoping for at least at appetizer recommendation. The appetizer I had was excellent, yet my crepe was soggy and tasteless. The price was too expensive for what I received as well. I'd go again to try it and see if the chef has gotten better, yet would not go a 3rd time if the second time didn't work out.

Date of visit: March 2018