American Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Super 7 Motel(Sedalia)
View Hotel
Laci's Country Inn(Knob Noster)
Night Inn(Sweet Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewscomfortable bedssmall deskplace to staymoteltvamenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I have stayed at this motel many times over the years while in sedalia. I have never encountered bugs, roaches, ants, hair, or whatever else anyone saw. It is an average room and very quiet. I have travled many times and stayed in many motels and have seen some really dirty places. The location is good and the owners are very friendly. I am not related nor have I ever worked for them. The airconditioner worked and so did internet. It puzzles me about these revies since I have stayed here so often. Its not the hilton but its a place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank quiet65
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It was dirty and not taken care of. The rooms smelled aweful and the walls looked like a crime scene. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brower85
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The most recent reviews of this hotel are right on! This place is disgusting! I am originally from the area, so I was skeptical to begin with. However, their website indicated the hotel had been remodeled. They do have a neat website, but don't be fooled. The pictures are very deceiving! This hotel has NOT been remodeled. In our room, I think maybe the toilet & sink were new. But that's it. Everything is so dirty. I felt just completely awful sleeping on the rough sheets & I didn't even want to use the blanket that was from the 70's. I booked a non-smoking room, but got a smoking one. So it stunk. It took 10 minutes of work to get the bathroom light to come on. The carpet was disgusting--I would not walk barefoot in there. The towels were small, thin & dirty looking.

We only stayed one night while going to the State Fair. It was the only hotel that still had rooms left. Now I know why. I was never so eager to get home & wash the "American Inn gunk" off me. I felt like I smelled like that place all day. Nasty!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Perrier
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We had a 4 night stay beginning Aug 9th, 2010. Light fixtures were very dusty upon arrival--after I wrote "wash me" in the dust, it was fixed the next day. Staff were very stingy with towels/wash cloths (3 small bath towels, 2 washcloths/day) for a 2 Queen Bed room. Only day shampoo packet was left in room was first day. One tiny bar of soap on first day---never received another one. Shower wouldn't drain---pulled a huge gob of hair out of the drain. Daily outdoor temps were 100 degrees yet air conditioner had been turned off completely when we returned to our rooms in the afternoon each day. TV very difficult to turn on--flicked on and off. Rooms were $55/night for 3 nights then suddenly $140/night for first night of State Fair. Certainly expected more for the money--seemed like wanted to spend as little money on customers/service as possible. Our room did not appear to be remodeled as quoted in hotel guide--very small bathtub, sink falling off wall.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank marymaude
Reviewed 15 August 2010

To keep this short: We needed to change hotels because the room was too small for us to fit our gear for the State Fair, and still be comfortable. We were quoted $99, around $50 more than regularly priced, and our reservation was for 10 nights. After the second night we needed to move, and were told "No, if you move you will need to pay the full price of $150 a night for your stay". Then after disagreeing I was called a "Liar" because my niece needed to accompany my daughter and I at a last minute's notice, as we booked the room for 2 persons.

The trip here was overall terrible, due to being insulted, overcharged and hearing guests that had yet to check in saying they were quoted $120 and $130 for the same night. The bathroom light needed slapping to work, the rooms are tiny, and managers/owners are less than hospitable and downright disrespectful.

Tried to make this short, but as you can tell- very very very opinionated on this hotel. If you are looking for friendly faces- go elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business