“Shogun Showed Out”

Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Sappington
Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 24 October 2016

Went to this restaurant for the first time and was impressed the minute that I walked in. First of all, the hostess at the door had a big welcoming smile. The waitress that we had was very polite and kind. We ordered california roll, salmon roll, vegetable tempura, cheesecake and green tea ice cream. I was very impressed. Everything was delicious! I must say that they place was spotless. This is the first time that I came into a restaurant that was spotless! Very very nice. I must say that I enjoyed the décor as well. Went you walk through the doors you get the feeling that you are walking into a vault. Great illusions with the class and mirrors. Loved it!!!! So that's why I say "Shogun Showed Out". They really put there best forward.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

We celebrated a kid's birthday here. We had no wait, the hibachi grill food preparation was a blast, and the food was good! Great night of entertainment!

Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

We came in and requested seats for 4. They said the wait was 15 minutes. 35 minutes later we checked in for the second time and we were absolutely reamed by the owners. They screamed at us in front of a large group of people saying we never check in with the rest of our party. Whether or not it was a miscommunication, they could not have handled it worse. The man and woman team at the front desk were argumentative and demeaning and we will never return. We finally sat down, and the rest of the guests said they were really sorry with how we were treated and that they agreed we had checked with them multiple times. Please don't waste your time going here.

Reviewed 7 December 2015

This Benihana style restaurant provided a fun little show with the food preparation, but the chef wasn't as skilled as I've seen at Benihana. The service was a little pushy about getting us out as soon as the meal was over, but they weren't rude about it. I appreciate their wanting to get more people in even though it wasn't busy at all. The chef shot me with saki, due to poor aim, but quickly corrected his aim. Thankfully saki doesn't stink and dries quickly. The food wasn't especially good, but there was a lot of it, and it wasn't bad. It was reasonably priced for what you get.

Reviewed 24 November 2015

I took my teenage niece and 3 friends for a birthday lunch. The chef performing at the hibachi is a nice way to wow first timers. They have an extensive menu including sushi. There is regular table service if you don't want to have the hibachi. We ordered steak and chicken which are good. The ginger salad dressing is really good. I always get the vegetable tempura, never a disappointment. For and additional $5 they will bring cheesecake to your table accompanied by a Japanese drummer. They also provide a photo of your group as a keepsake. The lunch prices are very reasonable and about half of the dinner price. The restaurant was remodeled within the past year and I find it very elegant.