“Excellent Special Events Dinner Location”

The Lemp Mansion Restaurant
Ranked #403 of 2,971 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Benton Park
Reviewed 20 July 2015

A bit on the expensive side, but totally worth it for the excellent food and unique, historic atmosphere. I was taken here for my birthday dinner and I enjoyed very single minute of it!

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Fun place to go as a couple but especially with a group. Had a ton of fun for a christmas party with our friends

Reviewed 25 June 2015

We used a Groupon and had lunch today. The restaurant has an elegance about it, situated in the mansion itself. I had the Cuban Meatloaf sandwich, which was very tasty and large enough to take home half for dinner and my husband had the grilled chicken dinner, served with veggies and fruit. He said it was very tasty. A nice touch was yummy pretzel rolls. We also had the day's soup offering: white bean chicken chili, which was delicious. My only surprise was the automatic addition of 20% gratuity. I wonder if that is standard with a Groupon? ?? Anyway, I personally don't like being told what I must tip. Food and service was great though.

Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

This is our 3rd visit and probably our last. I just didn't want to give up on this wonderful place. I remember coming here 20 years or so ago and it was a fabulous upscale restaurant. It has gone down hill. If you are going to charge upscale prices on your food, you need to serve a quality food.
They brought out bread. It looked like the bake and serve rolls.
We both shared a order of homemade toasted raviolis, yes they were homemade, but they did not look even close to St. Louis style. They were some kind of meat rolled into a log, breaded and fried. You received 5 of these for $10.00. Not at all worth it. I've had better tasting ones from the freezer.
I wanted to order the Beef Wellington, but was told I could only receive it medium or medium well. For Beef Wellington? I was surprised. My best guess for this is that they are precooked, frozen and reheated. That is why they cannot served it below a medium. Disappointing. We both ordered the Steak Charles. My steak was cooked wonderfully and was very tender. That is the only positive thing I can say about the meal. The steak had this soggy breading on it and the sauce was so salty that I had to scrape it off to eat the steak. It came with twice bake potato and mixed veggies. Sounds easy enough, right? You would have never guessed it was a twice bake potato. I don't think you would have guess that it was a potato at all. It was a brown crusty disk. It looked like it have been sitting under a heat lamp for a few days. There was very little potato that was not dried it to eat. The veggies consisted of yellow and green squash and 1 piece of cauliflower. I have to assume that they started out fresh because my cauliflower was raw. The squash again looked like it was sitting under a heat lamp for days. My husband received 1 green bean with his veggies.
We used a Groupon and with our order. Our bill should have been $10.00 with tax. But our bill came and it was over $27.00. I could not figure out why. It was because they added the tip to the bill. We were never informed of this. So read your bill very carefully. You could be tipping twice.
I do recommend coming to see the mansion and visit the museum. Well worth the trip.
I have always wanted to do the dinner theater and the Sunday fried chicken. I may do that someday, but not anytime soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2015

While waiting for our table, we ordered drinks in the bar which were served in plastic cups! That should have been our first clue. At our table, our waiter seemed to be serving to many tables because he paid little attention to us. As for the food, we ordered dinner salads. I ate some of mine but couldn't finish it because it was drenched in dressing. Waiter asked if he could bring me another, but by then I was turned off to the salad idea. Our steaks were well prepared. However, the steak was accompanied by a lukewarm twice baked potato and luke warm and very plain carrots/broccoli mix. I did like the pretzel bread an flavored butter.

We were going to order dessert but by the time the waiter got around to our table, we were too disgusted to order and wait. I expect better for the price.