“Amazing filet, great service”

Carmine's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmine's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 3,123 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Walnut Street
Description: Carmine's Steak House, located in the heart of downtown St. Louis in the newly renovated Drury Plaza Hotel, promises and delivers the finest in aged steaks, hand-cut chops, rack of lamb, chicken and seafood entrees, as well as Lombardo's signature toasted ravioli. House made desserts, from our in house pastry chef. Extensive wine list. With private rooms that can accommodate 10-170 people and nightly complimentary valet parking, Carmine's offers convenience for tourists, business meetings, and local diners alike.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Loved the atmosphere at the bar. It was open and inviting and the background music was a mix of classic R&B and 80s songs. It was Raj is a talented and knowledgeable bartender that can really sell the menu. I had the 8 oz. filet with a side of button mushroom risotto. The filet was to die for...I'm not normally a fan of steak butter, but theirs is amazing. The filet was cooked perfectly and melted in my mouth. I also had the whiskey pecan pie, served warm and a la mode. I couldn't ask for a better, house-made dessert! Vesta and the rest of the staff were welcoming and knowledgeable about their history and things to do around St. Louis. Will definitely include a stop at this restaurant on any trip to St. Louis!

1  Thank Maria V
Michael L, General Manager at Carmine's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

We are very happy to hear that had the opportunity to enjoy a good portion of what we offer and that all of it was so incredibly enjoyable! We appreciate your time and review and it was our pleasure to introduce you to our house made dessert. Hope to see you next time you are in St.Louis.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We had a business dinner here and wow! The steak, toasted ravioli and the service was fabulous! It is very expensive -- but a great treat.

Michael L, General Manager at Carmine's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you very much for the kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback on your experience. We are one of the only restaurant in St.Louis that hand makes the toasted ravioli in house. Please come and see us the next time you are in St. Louis for a great treat.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve never written a review before, but our experience at Carmine’s last night was important enough to prompt me to today. We originally chose this restaurant for its proximity to our hotel.

After a very long day of travel and activity, my son, who has special needs, was at his limit - something that became apparent after we sat down. It was not overly obvious to those around us yet, but he was quickly spiraling out of control. I had just suggested that he and I go back to the room while my husband and other child stayed to eat, when a manager came to our table and engaged my son in conversation.

He asked my child what he had ordered, and then bet him that he couldn’t eat the entire burger - offering dessert for everyone at the table if he finished it.

It completely turned our evening around; he came back multiple times to check my son’s progress. He did polish off the burger, and my son was so proud that he’d won dessert for his family.

So while the food was truly delicious, especially dessert, it’s really the experience that blew us away. You’ll never know quite how much that meant to us.

2  Thank Callie M

Several places in the St. Louis area offer fantastic food, but many times it is the quality of service that can separate the good restaurants from the great ones. It appears that both food and service has put us in the "great" category in your book and we are extremely thankful for that.Glad everyone enjoyed the desserts that your son won by eating his entree burger. We would love to see you again for more of the same the next time you stop in. Thank you again for the review.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We love going to Carmine's. Very easy going, great staff, and the steaks are fantastic. We go 3-4 times a year and are never disappointed. The steaks and sides are always top notch. The house salad is "good" but a bit whimpey. But that is par for a "Saint Louis style" house salad.

1  Thank Mike B

It sounds like you enjoyed your evening with us and we are very gracious that you decided to give such a great review! Please come see us again when you get a chance so we can treat you to another wonderful experience. Thanks again!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

I took my family here a few days ago. A party of 6. We made reservations the day of. My mother and I arrived about 30 minutes early. They were happy to seat us quickly even though the rest of our party was not quite there yet. Truly, the only reason I decided to go with Carmine's Steak House over many other options that St. Louis has to offer was due to the King Crab Legs on the menu. I absolutely love crab, especially King Crab - so I was happy they had that to offer. I know crab is very expensive (for the customer and for the business) so its nice to see some nicer restaurants offer it to their guests. Anyways, my party all ordered different items. All were well prepared. My mother and I had the King Crab. My boyfriend had the Prime Filet Mignon and my father had the Rack of Lamb. All were cooked to temperature. 2 smaller legs of my dish were a little dry but I was able to overlook that due to everyone else's good experience. My father said the Rack of Lamb was excellent and said he would most definitely order that again if he came back. A couple cons, the side dishes seemed very lacking. I really enjoy a rice pilaf or a nice mixture of fresh vegetables with my crab but unfortunately that wasn't something that was offered. (At least not by our server) I do not eat pork so I decided to go with the twice baked potato which seemed overly dry and lacked favor. Others had different kinds potato options. I believe for the prices guests should be offered many other options for sides. I would of liked to see some fresh vegetables, maybe some asparagus, brussel sprouts, rice, etc. The other con was the drenched salad. The salad (extra cost on top of the meal) was completely saturated in dressing. On the ride home all the guests made a point to mention the overly saturated salads. I would suggest asking for the dressing on the side. The martinis were well prepared, as well. They were about $12 per drink. I love Shiraz so I asked my guests to order the Shiraz. Unfortunately, they only had one Shiraz option on their menu and it certainly wasn't the best I've had. Lacked that richness and chocolatey smooth texture that you would expect from a Shiraz. I would suggest going with a martini or one of their cocktails for a better experience if you're a Shiraz drinker.

All in all I would give this steakhouse a thumbs up. Our server seemed to try his absolute best and we did appreciate that. We were the only table he had until the very end of the meal when he then got another small table. He most definitely had all of his attention on us throughout our dining experience. I will say I do appreciate the team serving by some of this restaurant. A couple of the servers really pitched in and filled drinks and helped with the table. I believe that is what makes a restaurant go round and that makes places like this stick out above the rest. I'm sure we will def. be back in the near future in our many visits to St. Louis.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your visit was and are pleased to hear that your over all experience was an enjoyable one. It sounds like you were not pleased with the side options. We and I am sorry for that. It would have been our pleasure to bring you a new side dish for you or substitute another for veggies we always have other options to choose from.Thank you for giving us a thumbs up. We greatly appreciate the feed back. Hope to see you next time you are in the area.