“Decent French Cafe”

Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

La Bonne Bouchee is a fun place to go for lunch. They have a great sandwiches and entrées. I have to have their French Onion soup with my meal. Their Croque Monsieur is really good. The bread is toasted with ham, cheese and bechamel sauce on it. They also have a smaller version on a butter crescent. Save room for dessert. They have outstanding pastries.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

Food is very good and portions are adequate. Nice and quiet - easy to have conversation. Loved stopping at the bakery on the way out.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

I found it and was very impressed by the pastry cases. They had 6 full display cases of sweets. And the colors made my mouth water. I had fruit tart and coffee there and took a bag of cookies and a bag of macaroons home. The cookies were pretty but not the best I have had, I'm sorry to report. They really tasted "mass produced", as did the macaroons a bit. I enjoyed the tart and the atmosphere. But it is great to look at.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

I took a customer to lunch her and the Salad Nicoise was wonderful. Tuna, Sardines, fresh greens, olives, egg. All you could ask for.
My customer has a cheese and fruit plate that looked spectacular. I had to push myself away from the pastry shelves. It all looked so good.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

The food is fresh but the service needs a great deal to be desired. Restaurant was not busy but we had to wait and wait for our order to be taken while the wait staff loitered leaning on a wall. Finally, one of us went and asked if we could order. Water glasses were filled but water also splashed on table. We mopped it up but our napkins and placemats were not replaced and when food came, was placed on the wet mat. There was a spill at next table and they were given a towel....which the people used to wipe table themselves! Towel was left on table while they finished their meal.