“Sunday Brunch”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9th & Geyer
Description: Molly's in Soulard evokes old-world New Orleans charm in a casual dining setting, featuring a menu where the spirit of Soulard's French heritage mingles playfully with Southern Creole favorites in the heart of St. Louis' historic Soulard neighborhood. For appetizers, perhaps try our signature BBQ Shrimp & Fried Green Tomatoes, our Alligator Rangoons or our Flash Fried Sweet Chili Brussels Sprouts. More? Our Pulled Duck, Andouille Sausage and crispy Pork Belly Gumbo will make any day more delicious. Fresh Oysters also highlight the menu, and are served on a bed of shaved ice with lemon, mignonette, and cocktail sauce. Just want a burger and beer? We've got that! Our Molly's Burger, made with locally sourced Wenneman's Beef, White Cheddar, Wenneman's Bacon, and Garlic Aioli is very popular, as well as our Griddle Burger, which is also locally sourced, but can be ordered as a single, double, or triple and dressed how you like it! Our BBQ Pulled Pork is mouthwatering, as well as our many Sandwiches and Po' Boys that we offer. Many of our items play with the fusion of contemporary Cajun/Creole and American in an interesting, surprising and delightful way! Thirsty? Compliment your choice of food with our large selection of wine and beer. Sauce Magazines best Cajun/Creole restaurant three years running. Voted best patio and outside dining by multiple publications, also boasts the largest patio in St. Louis.
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for Sunday Brunch after attending church at Trinity Church up the street.
We were seated immediately at a nice shaded table. Would est that the patio was 90% full at 1130
My wife had the jambalaya which was a little spicy but had a very nice taste. The rice was not overlooked and both small and large shrimp were included along with sausage.
I had the smoked salmon, avocado eggs Benedict The hollandaise sauce was tasty as was the salmon. The eggs were fixed just right but disappointment was the see through slice of avocado For some reason I expected a healthy slice of it.
The breakfast potatoes were done if the best I have had.
Karlie provided excellent service

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Many thanks to Jimmy Drago and everyone at Molly's. We had a party for our son and new daughter-in-law with St. Louis family. Jimmy was great to work with even long distance, and helped make the whole afternoon go off without a hitch. The food was delicious, the bar was great, and everyone had a good time. Even on a busy Saturday before a Cardinals home game.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

This bar was big and had indoor/outdoor options. They played good music and had a fun atmosphere. My friends and I danced all night and it seemed to be a popular choice with how busy it was.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

We had been to Molly's for Sunday brunch a couple of months ago. It was a lot of fun and had a fairly good experience. The decor was nice and the food was good, so it seemed a good place to take my mother and mother in-law for Mother's Day. I called the Monday before to set a reservation for brunch hour (10:00 - 10:30) and was told the only thing available was a 1:00 (13:00) opportunity. I was then advised that open tables are available for walk-ups. So we thought we we would take our chances and arrive early expecting to wait. We arrived about an hour before we wanted to eat and we're told to it would be a 30-45 min wait. No big deal. 1 hour and 15 minutes later after sitting in a patio bar with a large rat we are told they really had no idea how long it would be. Keep in mind that several empty tables both on the patio and inside are visible while I'm having this conversation. And have been empty while we've been waiting in the nasty patio area. The manager offers to sit us in the sun at a cast iron table... no thanks, I'm fair skinned and so are the rest of our party... we'd be medium-we'll at best by the time our meal was over. So other accommodations were made after much persistence. We order our food and it arrives fairly quickly. My wife and the two mothers have Eggs Benedict. Both mothers cut into the poached eggs and they are perfect... but are unable to cut through the English muffins because they are charred and inedible... the two people who's meal should be perfect is ruined and that's being nice. The manager did give us a gift card to give them another try... Overall, nice decor, service is slightly sub-par, if they're busy try somewhere else unless you want to chance over cooked food... we'll give them one more try... but not with anyone else with us.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

My family and I (6 people total) went to Molly's today for Mother's Day. We had a reservation and arrived on time. I was happy to get our drinks quickly but after getting dressed everything went downhill. We ordered our meals and 20 minutes later the waitress comes back to tell our table that they were out of the French toast that my mother and brother ordered AND the andouille my father order. They all changed their order and she then informed us that they messed up our oyster order. So we're bombarded with all these problems after waiting for our food.

When we do finally get our orders...an HOUR later my sisters biscuit and gravy is cold and she has to ask them to heat it up for her.
Now to make matters worse..when we finally got the check we wanted to split it four ways which is simple enough in most restaurants..apparently not Molly's. We gave her FOUR different cards with FOUR different names on them obviously. She charged my brother twice and my other brother didn't get charged. It looked like mine and my sisters tab was seemingly correct and I signed the receipt for 31 dollars. Upon looking at my bank statement tonight as I got home I noticed they charged me TRIPLE what they should have $95!!!).

I am four always away but I will get this straightened out. Never going back to that restaurant. Worst experience I've ever had and I've travelled all over.