“BEST burgers and patio”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9th & Geyer
Description: Molly's in Soulard evokes a relaxed charm in a casual dining setting, featuring a menu where the spirit of Soulard's French heritage mingles playfully with New American favorites in the heart of St. Louis' historic Soulard neighborhood. For appetizers, try our signature Flash Fried Brussels Sprouts with bacon or our Guinness-Braised Brisket Poutine. More? Fresh Oysters also highlight the menu, and are served on a bed of shaved ice with lemon, mignonette, and cocktail sauce. Just want a burger and beer? We've got that! Our Griddle Burger can be ordered as a single, double, or triple and is crispy and cheesy. Our Johnny Pastrami Apple Cheese & Cochon De Lait (pulled pork) sandwiches are mouthwatering, as well as our many other Sandwiches and dishes that we offer. Thirsty? Compliment your choice of food with our large selection of wine and beer. Voted best patio and outside dining by multiple publications, also boasts the largest patio in St. Louis.
Reviewed 12 May 2017

Went to Molly's the other night. The patio continues to grow and improve each and every visit. I really like the updates and the new menu has returned some of the items removed from the previous menu. (i.e. brussel sprouts).

The sangria wasn't being made yet, so that was a bit of a disappointment. However, the burgers continue to be one of the best in the city. Juicy and very flavorful. Our waiter Cameron did a great job of keeping us happy with drinks. He has a tattoo of a martini on his arm, so clearly he knows what he's doing.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Wanted to take the kids out with their boyfriends because they were home from college. Great area with lots of choices. This seemed to have a younger crowd but it was all good. Pet friendly - was nice seeing dogs while sitting outside. Service was okay. He seemed really busy and we had to ask for things. Didn't check on us often. I would go back again. Food was good. Nothing really stood out but it was all good. Out of the 8 of us everyone enjoyed the food.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

First if not familiar parking can be difficult to find in Soulard during busy times. But this is definitely a nice stop while there. There is indoor and outdoor dining. On nice evenings you will probably have a wait to sit outside but pretty easy to get an inside seat. There are a few different types of food on the menu which I liked. You could go a few different times and not have to get the same thing. Staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions and food was good.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 6 April 2017

We recently visited Molly's by mistake. We stumbled upon this little gem on a Saturday afternoon. The atmosphere was fun, relaxing and chill! It is spread out between the drinking side and the restaurant side. We sat at the restaurant side and could still hear the live music going on on the other side.

The food was delicious! We ordered the brussel sprouts- YUM. Delicious and a large serving for an appetizer. We also ordered the alligator rangoons- the boys LOVED them and ended up playing rock, paper, scissors for the last one.

I ordered the filet mignon and my food was actually up before everyone else in the party. I was eating alone and finished my plate before their food arrived. It didn't bother me, I am a slow eater so it worked out! I also got the fries and YUM. They are seasoned to perfection. I also received the "seasonal vegetables"- don't order it! It was literally lettuce garnish with some sort of seasoning. Not favorable.

The other members in the party ordered pulled pork, steak tacos and a burger. ALL raved about the food.

The only reason I am not giving this place a 5 star: the service. We had to get up and get our own beer from the bar on several occasions. My food coming out early was inconvenient. It took about 10 minutes before someone even seated us. We literally never got refills on our soda- so finally when she came back, we ordered 2 a piece.
The waitress did make up for it and bought us a free beer. So, that did help out. She did apologize because she knew the service was horrible.

All in all, very impressed!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We love Cajun food and had read good things about Mollys, so we were anxious to try it. They were not busy, only 3 other tables were occupied. First we waited 15 minutes to have our order taken, then waited 30 minutes for our food which in all fairness did taste good. But there must have been a shortage of shrimp because I ordered shrimp and grits and there were a lot of grits but only 5 little shrimp and my husband had a shrimp po boy and it had 5 small shrimp also. When we were finished, we waited for 25 minutes for a check and finally my husband just went and looking for a waiter to get a bill. If they had been busy, it would not have been so bad, but I didn't feel like wasting that much time just for lunch. We will not be back!

Date of visit: March 2017
Management response:Responded 30 March 2017

We are so sorry for your experience. We like to provide fast service and great food - lunch is a big part of our business and we'd love to have you back. Please contact us at events@mollysinsoulard.com so we can find out more about this.