“Worth the wait”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Soulard
Reviewed 20 June 2018

One of the best BBQ joints I've ever visited. Just remember to plan enough time as the lines are long but the ood and atmosphere is well worth the wait. Can't wait to go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I eat at Bogarts for lunch on occasion. My preference is the smoked turkey sandwich, unless they run out of turkey. Selection is limited and simple. Baked beans are decent, but they have meat in them. Potato salad is bland. Fire & Ice pickles are something special though. The interior space is very small so people end up eating outside at picnic tables. Something to consider if weather is bad. No parking lot so you’ll have to locate street parking, some of which is metered.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Really consistently the same every visit....good food, excellent and friendly service.
And very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

One of the best BBQ places I've been to...And I've been to a lot! The burnt ends were excellent, great flavor. My wife had the turkey and it was moist and tender. The beans are smoky and flavorful. It is a small place so a mid-afternoon visit is great. When in the area (Go Cards!), do yourself a favor and stop in.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I was in St. Louis for a few days on business, and decided I had to try the BBQ. I'm not a huge BBQ fan, but I do like good food, no matter the type of cuisine.

This place was a bit off the beaten path, which can be a great sign of hidden treasure. This is one of those treasures.

Very fast service, polite staff, and easy to read and simple menu. The only difficulty can be in choosing what you want (and having to skip something else you'd enjoy just as much).

I went for a half-rack of ribs, half-pound of pulled pork, chips, and BBQ beans. The restaurant was jam packed with people, but there are a few seats outside. The weather was nice that day, so I sat outside and enjoyed the urban surroundings.

My food arrived VERY quickly, and man oh man, was it good. The meats were perfect, but the BBQ beans were addictive. Such a good meal, and the kind of flavors that make BBQ the emotional food that it can be for so many people.

I've had to drive through St. Louis a few times since this visit, but haven't had time to stop and enjoy this place again, but I'm looking for the next window of opportunity to dine of some of the best food around!