“OMG. What a dinner!”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 40
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lindenwood Park
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We were spoiled beyond belief for dinner last night at Farmhaus. From start to finish the service was exemplary (and probably the best I have ever experienced). Our food was absolutely delicious. The Chef accomodated our vegan daughter (who was offered several customized entrees). My husband had the tasting menu (I highly recommend it )! Delicious drinks and wines are available . We travel worldwide often, and this was one of the best dinners that I have ever experienced. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We ate with friends at Farmhaus on a weekend evening. We had been here 3-4 times before; it was not our friends’ first visit either.

We like the menu and the service was very good. The chef puts a lot of imagination into his work. We also like the farm to table freshness. There’s always an attractive choice on the menu.

On this evening we were seated where two of us had a direct view into the restroom every time the door opened. It would seem that something could be done to change that line of sight.

Farmhaus is not hard to find with your GPS. In a residential neighborhood, it’s not a place you would likely notice as you drove by. We’ll return, but will be more mindful as to our seating.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We we're aware that this would be a pricier meal before eating, but did not realize how small of portions they would offer. The food options involved a lot of farm to table ingredients, which I admire. However, I feel as if it was still greatly over priced. The overall atmosphere of the restaurant was very odd to me. I was glad to try it, but probably won't revisit.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

When researching restaurants for our visit to St.Louis we came upon this place from an Andrew Zimmern show. We were glad we came.
About a ten minute drive from downtown/the arch. A simple but elegant white table cloth dining room but fine to dress casually.
A few interesting cocktails which were good, but too much ice and not enough drink. Small wine and beer list, both relatively interesting.
There’s a $65-ish tasting menu or ala carte. We went ala carte to share and keep the price down. Grilled bread and butter was nice. Mushroom salad was ok - a bit disconnected. The aged rib eye was certainly good. The peanut butter and chocolate desert was nice - light.
In the end we wanted more creativity and flavor for the price. But it was a nice comfortable pleasurable dinner.

1  Thank PelleasPhiladelphia
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I took a road trip up to St. Louis to visit a friend. Since I love great wine & food, she made reservations at Farmhaus (having heard great reviews but never having been there).

We arrived early in spite of the rain, so we opted to have craft cocktails at the bar before being seated at dinner. The Tasting Menu with the wine pairing is what we decided for the evening, and we are so thankful for the experience.

I forgot to have my phone ready to snap pictures for course #1, but I did get my amateur shots of all the others.

The quality of the food and the wines were done very well. It's fun to imagine a different wine paired with a course for different reasons - because yes I can and do that in my mind. When I'm doing a Tasting Menu, I let each course arrive as the chef intends. I may have dietary challenges at times, but since I have no actual allergies I prefer to know all the flavors and how they work together.

Well done, everyone! And thank you for being so nice and friendly. Great customer service!

1  Thank flipflopsomm