All reviews large comfortable bed b b's living room home away from home first floor easy access two nights brewery falstaff louis arch missouri
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Host was wonderful; we look forward to going back! The accommodations fit well in this historic district. The place was immaculate and the furnishings were comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. It was a pleasure staying in this home.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2017

We just returned home from our third stay at The Brewers House Bed and Breakfast. I think I enjoy it more each time. By now, we feel just like family, although, Rick (the Innkeeper) made us feel that way from the beginning. It is a charming piece of old St. Louis in the former brewery district. It is easy to find and located close to just about anything one might wish to visit. On this trip, we returned to the Arch in order to see the magnificent changes being made in the area around the Arch. I was particularly interested to see how they have "capped" the interstate to turn the area into even more park land. The old Cathedral at the Arch entrance has recently been renovated and is exquisite. And, of course, no trip to St. Louis is complete without frozen custard from Ted Drewes. I wish I could put that place in a bag and bring it home with me!
We arrived at the B& B on a Sat. afternoon and planned to stay only two nights of a 7-day visit with family all across Illinois and Missouri. On Monday those plans changed quickly, though, when I was taken to St. Louis University Hospital by ambulance for a possible heart attack. It was in the morning not long after a lovely breakfast prepared by Rick. a 911 call and a trip to the hospital in an ambulance added a new dimension to our visit. I don't know for sure what happened, but I had the good fortune to have Ems who were highly skilled and who stayed with me until they were sure I was in good hands. The doctors, nurses, and other folks were wonderful, and I cannot say enough good things about the Hospital.
Once I was released after two days, we decided to stay at The Brewers House the rest of the week. The other plans will have to wait until another day. Fortunately, our room (on the main floor) was available until the next weekend, and we just enjoyed a wonderful time with Rick and his new puppy Dolores. Any dog lovers will fall in love with her. I cannot wait to make a return visit to St. Louis and this gem of a B&B!

Room Tip: First floor room is nice and large and has its own bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2017

I normally don't stay in B&B's but it was more convenient to do so during this recent trip to St Louis. The Brewers house is an old but well maintained building. Our room was on the first floor and it was very well decorated with a really large comfortable bed. There was no elevator of course but the property does have a room on the ground floor. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the breakfast. I understand the owner (Rick) shops at a local farmers market so you know the food is fresh. Fruit, bacon & eggs and local sweets/pastries were served up. Rick was on hand to cook more if you wanted and it. Very well presented and hot! I will definitely check to see if there are any vacancies at the Brewers house next time I visit.

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have trouble with stairs. But first floor room was big.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Beautiful, historic house. Breakfast is cooked daily by our host right here in a renovated kitchen. He makes fresh scones to go with warm coffee and eggs to order. With in short driving distance to many sights, yet quiet neighborhood.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Our stay at the Brewer's house was just what I was hoping for. We meet family in St Louis for the weekend at least once a year and were looking for a place we could hang out together. We felt a home and Rick was a wonderful host! Our breakfast was wonderful both mornings and more than a continental breakfast. The post about this being an industrial area is not quite how I would describe it, there is a warehouse building on the street at one end but in the rest of the neighborhood there are similar homes like the Brewer's house. We walked around the neighborhood and enjoyed looking at the old homes. I am so glad we found this cute bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family