All reviews large comfortable bed b b's living room home away from home first floor easy access two nights brewery falstaff louis arch missouri
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Beautiful, historic house. Breakfast is cooked daily by our host right here in a renovated kitchen. He makes fresh scones to go with warm coffee and eggs to order. With in short driving distance to many sights, yet quiet neighborhood.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Our stay at the Brewer's house was just what I was hoping for. We meet family in St Louis for the weekend at least once a year and were looking for a place we could hang out together. We felt a home and Rick was a wonderful host! Our breakfast was wonderful both mornings and more than a continental breakfast. The post about this being an industrial area is not quite how I would describe it, there is a warehouse building on the street at one end but in the rest of the neighborhood there are similar homes like the Brewer's house. We walked around the neighborhood and enjoyed looking at the old homes. I am so glad we found this cute bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Arrived for a paid booking on the 20th September 2016 at 5.00pm to find the place all locked up. Knocked and knocked and got no reply. The fly screen on back door was all ripped and the garden and drive was covered in debris. We would not have liked to even leave the car out on the street, or contiplate staying the night. The B & B was in an industrial area and at the end of a little street. We had to pay again to stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Do not stay!!!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth C
Brewer445, Owner at Brewers House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2016

I'm so sorry you couldn't check in. I send every guest a confirmation with the code to the keypad. The phone number is largely posted on the main door. Sometimes I need to do and errand so I try to made it easy to reach me or let yourselves in.
Sometimes leaves collect on the driveway but are cleaned weekly. No cars have been bothered in anyway for 25 years I've been open.
My apologies,
Rick

Reviewed 1 October 2016

We thoroughly enjoyed our two nights at Brewer's House. Rick is a wonderful host who greatly enhanced our visit to St. Louis. He has encyclopedic knowledge of St. Louis and its history and was happy to share it with us. The house, which was the brewer's house for the Falstaff Brewery, now long closed, is filled with items that reflect Rick's interests in art and design. 1940s and 50s design items--lots of chrome and a collection of ceramics along with art and furniture. The breakfast was excellent--Rick baked scones in the morning and we had fresh fruit that was close to perfection. A great stay!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank BMCMichigan
Reviewed 27 August 2016

We arrived a day early but were accommodated with no trouble. The room was amazing - furniture from around the world and of various vintages. Woke to our first American breakfast (we're from Australia) and were most impressed !! (although found grits an interesting proposition !). Would recommend this establishment to anyone who wants somewhere away from the mass market hotel offerings - there is nothing like the warmth and friendly atmosphere here.

Room Tip: We stayed in the downstairs room which is at ground level - an advantage to those less mobile or who don't like stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family