“Great place to stay not far from anything in St. Louis”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #17 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Australia
“Great place to stay not far from anything in St. Louis”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Great location nearly on Mississippi and the Arch (that Arch is HUGE!!) and a walk to Busch Stadium and restaurants on Broadway. Staff were extremely helpful, breakfast good and a nice feel to hotel. Fitness room was better than most. Thoroughly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2012
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thanks CraigbAustralia for choosing Hyatt Regency St. Louis for your visit to our city. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed some of our downtown attractions, and that the hotel met all your needs. We’d love to have you back as our guest this summer. Please contact me personally if you need anything at all. Thanks!

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (700)
  • Korean first
Princeton, Illinois
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This is our second stay at the Hyatt Regency Arch. We traveled with two daughters ages 6 and 12 for three nights. I must say that the location is top notch, the decor is attractive and the service is beyond fantastic. When my younger daughter asked me to "run" when we got to the room Robert at the desk made sure we had an extra spacious room. WOW! Talk about big. My hubby commented that his apartment in New York was smaller. Concierge Keith gave several dining suggestions that were right on the money when we mentioned that our girls are adventurous eaters.

I have two minor concerns: check out and house keeping. When we got to the room I moved a large chair with ottoman over to accommodate luggage. There was a DS game cartridge under the chair. Hmmm.... clearly no one had vacuumed under the chair. Next, the video check-out did not work. With housekeeping banging on the door 1 hour and 15 minutes BEFORE check-out, I was panicked that we would be charged an additional rate. (I had the 6 year-old with me as hubby was picking up the car.) The desk seemed unfazed that I spent 20 minutes trying to check out, and told me that I had no additional charges. Well.... duh! I already knew that. Harassing people to get out so early is not nice. I would have understood if it had been 15 minutes until check out, but his was excessively early in my opinion. Did I mention that it was a Tuesday morning? It's not like the place was full.

That being said, this was a very nice trip. We are likely to stay again. We have come to view this hotel as our "St. Louis" home base.

Room Tip: If you can't get an Arch view, ask for one of the Capitol building. You can see into the stadiu...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us after your visit last week. I will share your concerns with housekeeping, as providing a clean and fresh room for each guest is one of our top priorities. We certainly don’t mean to rush guests to check out either, and I can assure you that was not our intention. Please contact me personally if you need any additional follow up. Thank you again for your great comments.

Florida
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The staff was excellent, the room was ready early & I had a great view of the St. Louis Arch right across the street

Room Tip: The higer up the building the better the vieww of the Arch & the River
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thanks for your great review NWFLRoadWarrior – taking care of our “Road Warriors” is a top priority for us. Please contact me personally if you travel to St. Louis often, I’d like to see if there is anything special we can do to make you feel comfortable while traveling on business.

Thanks again,

314-342-4647
Sandusky, Michigan
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Very nice place, with extremely helpful staff. No issues with noise, or anything else really. Parking is a little steep at $20 per day, but it's to be expected in a big city. The rooms was great, the beds incredibly comfortable. The ONLY criticism I have is that there was no fan in the bathroom, which is somewhat annoying for the 2nd person to use the shower each morning.

Great view out of the window, as the place is right next to the Arch. Several food options in the lobby as well!

I got the room at almost 1/2 off on Expedia, cost on weekends and direct bookings may not be what I'd rate as "excellent" but for me, it sure was!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you for all your great comments. For future visits, please note that we also offer economy parking, which at $3 per day is the lowest rated parking in downtown St. Louis. The economy garage is 1 block from the hotel, and is a great option if you plan on parking and not using your vehicle throughout your visit. Please contact me directly if you have any further questions or need any assistance. Thank you again for the awesome review!

Nashville, Illinois
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The Hyatt Hotel by the Arch is very clean and comfortable. The view is spectacular! Easy access to taxi's. Also, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Lobby is a great place to have dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a King room with a view. If they don't have them booked, just might get one. Also put th...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear LoriC61,

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. We appreciate your business and thank you for your feedback. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and our property. We hope to see you again!

Best Regards,