“Another stellar attraction in St Louis!”

Saint Louis Science Center
Ranked #31 of 281 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With the mission "to ignite and sustain lifelong science and technology learning", the Saint Louis Science Center is one of the top five science centers in the United States, and has been named one of the Top 10 Science Centers for Families by Parents Magazine and one of America's most visited museums by Forbes Traveler Magazine. The complex includes over 96,000 sq-ft of interactive science-technology exhibits that are part of the Science Center's free general admission. The most recent major permanent exhibit is GROW, a one-acre outdoor exhibit that will take visitors on a journey of food, to gain a deeper understanding of our food supply. The Science Center's ticketed areas include the OMNIMAX, a four-story IMAX Dome theater; the James S. McDonnell Planetarium, one of the world's largest planetariums; and the Discovery Room, an activity area for families with younger children.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I had spent most of my life living in St Louis. It's a town that has a lot to offer that most other sizeable cities are lacking. The St Louis Science Center one of those places that puts St. Louis on the map. The admission cost is reasonable. There are all kinds of things to see and do and attractions within this great attraction for the entire family. While in St Louis recently we visited the King Tut exhibit within the museum. It was quite fascinating and enjoyable. I would recommend everyone should visit the St. Louis Science Museum. It's always time well spent.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"few hours"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I think your enjoyment of the science center depends on your group. My kids (ages 4 and 7) love hands on activities. The science center has a few amount of hands on activities in maker space where kids can experiment with wind and a ball tunnel. There also seemed to be some additional hands on activities in the discovery room like water play, but there was an extra fee for that and it only lasts 45 minutes per session so we didn’t partake. Unfortunately for the St. Louis science center, we come from the Kentucky Science Center in our hometown and it really couldn’t compete. My kids are used to tons of hands on activities and the St. Louis science center only had very small areas for each hands on experience. The museum is free for most things but it didn’t hold the attention of the kids for long. We parked at planetarium so thankfully we weren’t out the parking fee. I will say that the facilities were very nice and well kept. I wanted to like it but we won’t be back.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We enjoyed our visit to the Science Center. So much to see and learn. The Imax theater was very cool. We watched the South Pacific movie and adults and kids alike loved it. The planetarium was also very interesting. We will be back.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My late teen son and I enjoyed a discounted ticket double feature of “Amazon Adventure” and “Journey to the South Pacific”. Beautiful imagery and informative. The discovery room, simulators and the planetarium show all have fees involved. I felt the rest of the Center was geared towards a younger audience but nice for being free of charge. Friendly staff. Food and drink available at high prices. $ parking. I would recommend it for a young family but I probably wouldn’t return.

1  Thank Nyormirror