“Amazing food and quick turnaround!”

La Mesa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #106 of 222 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 January 2018

We had to rush and find something to eat while at a tournament at Missouri Western University. We stopped in and asked if they could get us in and out fairly quickly and they had no problem doing it. Food was really good! I had the beef Chimichanga and it was very good. My daughters shared a double fajita and it was plenty of food. The wife had the Enchiladas with no complaints! I will definitely go here again when in the area!

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

An associate suggested we have a working lunch at La Mesa as it was close to work.

We were quickly seated and drink orders taken. The staff was very friendly, our food orders were taken and big plates of Mexican food quickly appeared.

The food is pretty much run of the mill Tex-Mex and there was a lot of it. The restaurant appeared clean and well managed.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I just don't get it, Missouri people are totally getting ripped off from good Mexican food.
This red sauce they pour over everything is not really good... depressing actually. What ever happened to a nice reduced meat sauce with flour base? .... and make it spicy.
Quite disappointed. I guess I need to stay away from the enchiladas and go for the speciality plates.... scary if they can't get the enchiladas correcto. Although, the charro beans were good. They could have been warmer. Rice was quite dry....
At your risk.... have at it.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Grande appetizer and combination #5 were a great lunch break today. A great Saturday stop for us and a good value. Stephanie was very attentive and pleasant.

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Went last Friday because we wanted fajitas and they have the best..hubby gets lunch fajitas but I'm vegetarian so I order off menu but I have never been disappointed... They pile them high with squash and all other veggies..I always bring some home for later..employees and owners are friendly and appreciate their customers..