“Fajitas are great”

La Mesa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #106 of 222 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

We visit LA mesas often and love all their food but especially the fajitas..my husband gets mixed meat .which is beef and chicken and I'm a vegetarian so I get the veggie ones... They are wonderful and the smell when they come out is so dang good.so much food that I always bring some home and have later or next day.... There's also the sweetest waitress named Ricki out there and she's great...my tea glass is never empty and that's a big deal with me..also on Tues it's all u can eat tacos if ur hungry....go there

Reviewed 8 October 2016

Great Mexican foods served in style. Waiters very wise in their food options and very helpful in choosing the meal order.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Ambience is beautiful. Carved seats and booths with bright paints and the tables are painted, too. There is a softly flowing fountain in the middle of the restaurant. The menu is large and the food was delicious. The margaritas were tasty and very affordable. One of the best Mexican restaurants I have been to.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

Came here for Taco day, got plenty of Tacos but they were very bland, and the service was also very poor. They were not busy, and seemed annoyed to serve our table of 4. However, the people around us seemed to be enjoying the food and atmosphere and there appeared to be a lot of "regulars" in the restaurant so perhaps our experience was just an anomaly. Even so, we don't plan on returning. If you have a different experience, be sure to post it.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

First of all in the ladies bathroom there are two stalls. One of them doesn't have a door and neither one of them had toilet paper. I told the lady up front that there was no toilet paper in the bathroom, I went back 20 mins later and still no toilet paper. After we ordered our food we waited 35 mins and it never came. 2 tables that were next to us received their food and they arrived about 15 minutes after us. I finally asked the waiter where our food was and he arrived with it 5 mins later. We had to ask for the check 3 times before he brought it. The food was hot but small portions and wasn't very good.

1  Thank Melissa M