“Wonderful place!”

La Mesa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #93 of 222 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Ambience is beautiful. Carved seats and booths with bright paints and the tables are painted, too. There is a softly flowing fountain in the middle of the restaurant. The menu is large and the food was delicious. The margaritas were tasty and very affordable. One of the best Mexican restaurants I have been to.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

Came here for Taco day, got plenty of Tacos but they were very bland, and the service was also very poor. They were not busy, and seemed annoyed to serve our table of 4. However, the people around us seemed to be enjoying the food and atmosphere and there appeared to be a lot of "regulars" in the restaurant so perhaps our experience was just an anomaly. Even so, we don't plan on returning. If you have a different experience, be sure to post it.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

First of all in the ladies bathroom there are two stalls. One of them doesn't have a door and neither one of them had toilet paper. I told the lady up front that there was no toilet paper in the bathroom, I went back 20 mins later and still no toilet paper. After we ordered our food we waited 35 mins and it never came. 2 tables that were next to us received their food and they arrived about 15 minutes after us. I finally asked the waiter where our food was and he arrived with it 5 mins later. We had to ask for the check 3 times before he brought it. The food was hot but small portions and wasn't very good.

1  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

Usually love going to La Messa. Great food and service. However, my daughter and toddler grandchild decided to have the all you can eat tacos, ordering my grandchild a kids meal. The 2 of us received a plate of 4 tacos each. After eating 2 each, my grandchild became restless and I asked for a box to go. I was told by the waitress we could only take my grandchild's food. Now, I could understand if we had ordered a 2nd round of tacos or the waitress was busy and had no idea how many plates we had, but it was early and very few customers. She was very nice and explained to us, but her boss had her take our plates away before she could give us the to go box for the kids meal and he stood and watched her to make sure, like we were taco thieves. Sorry, sir they are good tacos, but not that good. Made us feel very, very humiliated and you could not pay me enough cash or tacos to ever go back here again, ever!!!!'

1  Thank corky45
Reviewed 11 May 2016

Apparently all you can eat tacos is until they run out of meat. I had 4 tacos and then they said they ran out of meat, then charged full price for the all you can eat tacos and there was supposed to be a drink included, and there was not. My drink was empty more than half of the time and the wait time to get the 4 tacos I did get was outrageous. I was there at noon and the place was half full. By the time I left it was 1:10 and all I had gotten was the drink with 1 refill and a total of 4 tacos.

1  Thank b4ssk3tb4ll