“Not worth your time unless you're REALLY a Jesse James fan or want to see a bullet hole”

Jesse James Home Museum
Reviewed 8 July 2017

The tour took less than 10 minutes and really wasn't all that (at least for me). It's 3 and a half rooms and there's the bullet hole in the wall from the shot that killed him. There's some historical info, etc., but I wouldn't pay the $4 entry fee for it again.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"historic place"
"bank robbery"
in 2 reviews
"worth the admission fee"
"small exhibit"
in 9 reviews
"love history"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

First of all, the house was moved there from its original location. Second, none of the furnishings are from the James family. Third, space is very tight, as it's a tiny house. If you have several families going through, it's a tight squeeze.

There is a four minute overview of the James family. You don't really need to stand and listen to it because you can hear it from all three rooms. There are pictures on the walls of the James family and brothers.

The best part is the room explaining the exhumation of Jesse James' body. They have the glass viewing panel fragments laid out, and explanatory notes showing where various items were found in the coffin.

There are a few shelves of gift items. I felt the museum was worth the entry fee, as I know how hard it is to maintain small museums like this (I work at one myself), but many might not.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I love history and learning, so I was pleased to find that I learned something about JJ that I didn't know. I read a prophecy in the Patee House, next door, in the ballroom about how he thought he would be killed. That made it fun for me since I knew nothing about him except his name. I won't spoil the surprise. Next, I enjoyed the exhibit of his skull.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Lots of great articles and artifacts from the life of Jesse James and his family. I didn't know they had exhumed his body for DNA testing. It gives a nice lil snapshot of his life. Great pictures.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 June 2017

This little museum is adjacent to the Patee House Museum. I highly recommend both of them. Both are filled with history. This is the house Jesse and his wife lived in at the time of his demise. There are period correct artifacts and items which belonged to the James family. There is a bullet hole in the wall which they say could have been made from the shooting of Jesse James. A very worthwhile hour to drift back to another time in history.