“Very Disapointing”

Garden Cafe ala Fleur
Ranked #85 of 274 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 December 2016

The last time I went I gave a very good review. This time however I will not! They are closing to open a walk up type shop so the owner would not honor the coupon from my entertainment book. There was another that offered 10% off & he would not honor that one either. He would not even give us the courtesy of coming to our table, he sent the young waitress to tell us to complain to Entertainment as he didn't approve this year's book. I am sure these were printed before his decision to change restaurants was done so will not complain to them. Even the food was not good like the last time I was there. While the onion soup was tasty, not as good as last time, my turkey panini was COLD as was the sauerkraut that was a side. While the 1/2 & 1/2 deal is great as you get to choose two as well as a side, I was still disappointed in the taste & the temperature. It was obvious the owner didn't care if we were happy so we will not return.

Reviewed 24 November 2016

There are many restaurants along Main Street in St Charles. We were intrigued by the terrace seating as our weather was warm and it looked appealing. The menu was interesting - and there was a wait list to be seated, but the 20 minute wait was handled professionally, the seating exceeded our expectations and the dinner was perfect! Staff was helpful and friendly, answering many questions about the area posed by my friend. The wine was local - OK, but worth the try.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

We visited the Garden Café ala Fleur on Sunday and I went back on Tuesday because the food was that good. Potato soup, Gouda Bisque, Cheese platter and Mediterranean Salad. Large Bavarian Pretzel was not great because sauce was spicy and it didn't say that it was spicy (Japaleno sauce).

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went to St Charles on a Sunday and as always planned on having lunch. We had not eaten at Garden Cafe ala Fleur. As we passed at 12:00 the wait line was long, although there were tables that had not been bussed. We decided to shop and come back later. At 1:00 when we returned there was still a short wait and again there were available tables that hadn't been bussed. After getting a table and ordering we began the 30 min wait to get our food. I ordered the Cuban Panini which was very good but the Baked Bean side order wasn't even as good as Steak'n'Shake. My Wife ordered the Buffalo Chicken Wrap that appears to be nothin but chicken doused I bottled hot sauce. She couldn't eat it. We also ordered the Gouda Bisque. WHAT A SURPRISE. this Bisque was so good that we ordered two bowls to go.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

They have a nice outdoor seating area during the warm months. The food is fresh . I had the Cuban panini which was real good. Our son had the tuna salad and he liked it. My wife had a turkey club panini which she said was good. They have really good desserts that are constantly changing. I would recommend this cafe if you are visiting Main Street.