“nice and clean”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Centralia, Missouri
“nice and clean”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

clean rooms and very friendly staff. Breakfast was good. Great location for shopping, eating or sightseeing.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TopwaterBass

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 April 2012

While we enjoyed our stay in St. Charles, we were a bit disappointed with the Comfort Suites. The young man at the front desk seemed a bit overwhelmed, with a lot of responsibilities. I believe he was doing laundry, checking in employees, making reservations for folks by phone, as well as trying to check us in. And amidst all this, we had to wait. Not an incredible amount of time, but enough to say it was too long. The suite was rather dull in terms of color and maybe a bit dated. It appeared to be clean...until I accidentally glanced down by the heating/air conditioning unit. The corners were horrible. There obviously had not been a vacuum anywhere near the unit. Of course I then checked out all the corners, with the same result. I always take clorox wipes, which is really crazy I know..but we did have a jacuzzi tub. I have always found that the jets are not properly cleaned. This one was no exception. I believe that they are simply overlooked. Most of the time there is a scum that develops and needs to scraped off...that sounds gross, but this is important to me. We also like wiping off the remote controls. The mattress was too soft for us, and the pillows were small square pillows rather than normal size. We did not like them, but also did not call down for different ones. And, if traffic bothers you in the least, you will hear it. While it did not really bother us, we were aware of it. It rained quite a bit, so much of it was drowned out. All in all it was just average. We will not stay again if we go to St. Charles, I guess we just expected a little more...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tchrmom777
Durham, NC
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Clean rooms and hotel. Friendly staff and a good breakfast. Good restaurant recommedations We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2012
Michigan
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Just back from a 4 day trip to the St. Louis area with my 3 children and sister. I chose this hotel based on location, cost and the favorable reviews from Trip Advisor. This hotel is clean and the staff was very accommodating. My 10 & 7 year old LOVED the indoor pool. I enjoyed the added space in our room and the pull out couch & crib that were provided for my 2 year old. The free morning breakfast was an extra savings and got our day off to the right start each morning. The location is very convenient for visiting the sites in St. Louis (approx. 20-30 minute drive) and the hotel is right off the expressway. My husband was not traveling with us on this trip and I felt very safe at this hotel and neighborhood. We ran out of time to explore the St. Charles area, but drove through the town and loved what we saw - top of our list for the next time we visit. The only negative comments I can give this hotel is that some things are starting to look a little worn (wallpaper peeling, marked up, fabric on couch needs updating) and the free wi-fi did not work on my phone. Overall, a great choice in accomodations!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Murphysboro, Illinois
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This faciliy was staffed with helpful, friendly workers. It is conveniently located near local attractions, and provided clean, welcoming amenities. I would certainly recommend it to fellow travelers!

Room Tip: As crazy as it sounds, i would choose a top floor room. Our only complaint was that in our room on...