Boone's Colonial Inn
  • Breakfast included
USD 108
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 121/night.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel St Charles(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
USD 92
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 109/night.

Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
USD 125
USD 139
USD 78
USD 178
Wingate by Wyndham St. Charles(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
USD 93
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 135/night.

All reviewsthomas jeffersonmodern conveniencesmissouri riverlike stepping back in timeperiod furnituremain streetjet tubromantic getawayhistoric districtplace to staykaty traildefiancesuitecharlesbath
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Boone’s Colonial Inn is quite expensive, but you cannot beat its location on St. Charles’ Main Street. They’ve done a good, tasteful job of “fixing up” a nearly 200-year-old building, keeping the old while adding modern conveniences. The air conditioning is great on a hot Missouri day. I stayed in the Napoleon “Suite”, but I’d call it an apartment. You could live there! In addition to the entry foyer, there’s a large kitchen, separate living room, and separate bedroom. The bathroom is only about 5' x 5', but it’s quite functional, and the jet tub is wonderful.

Almost every light switch in the apartment is a dimmer switch. I love that. Lets me dim it down and play like I’m living by candle or oil lamp light, like people did in this building 150 years ago. The windows are big, like they are in old buildings, when sunlight was what they had for interior daytime lighting before electricity came along. And it has transoms over the outside doors. Let in all the light you can. Daytime light is good.

I VERY MUCH enjoyed sitting on what they call the “parade balcony” over Main Street each night, watching the tourists file by as I, a temporary local person, enjoyed the perfect location of my apartment. Sadly, no parades passed by during my stay, but if they had, I had the perfect viewing platform. Just wish I had strings of beads to throw to the ladies below, like they do in New Orleans. There’s an American flag flying from the balcony, with 25 stars on it. I guess that honors my own state, Arkansas, which was the 25th state to join the U.S.
Missouri was number 24. They always have to beat us at everything!

Their website calls it “the inn’s latest secret residence” and it looks like a few things are not quite finished. The baseboards and door frames are plain unfinished lumber. I assume they’ll eventually get paint, or stain and varnish. But they look fine as they are, really. The TV cable just comes out of a square hole cut in the wall. I assume it will eventually have a more finished wall jack. The TV is in the living room, not the bedroom as their website says. That’s fine with me. Much better than in the bedroom.

I didn’t find any shampoo in the shower, but did OK using the eucalyptus spearmint menthol body wash they provided. My hair is soft and clean, though I smell like Listerine! (These are minor comments, not intended to discourage anyone from staying in this great place.)

I did find the Napoleon to be completely devoid of written instructions, which is unusual for a place with no staff on site. Nobody told me what to do with my room keys when I checked out. I left them on the kitchen counter. I hope that's OK. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to turn on the TV and the cable box (you use 1 remote to turn on the TV, and a different one to turn on the cable box). I had to call them to get a wi-fi password. Writing a few instructions on a welcome note would help a lot, saving time for both host and guest.

The kitchen has full size appliances like gas range, electric oven, dishwasher, and side-by-side refrigerator. They provide regular coffee, but no decaf. I prepared myself a great breakfast each morning and enjoyed it, and my coffee, out on the back porch, looking at the river and the people taking morning walks in the park.

The Saint Charles Main Street is a busy, touristy place, and I stayed on Friday and Saturday nights. So, even though the bedroom is in the back of the building, there was a lot of neighborhood noise until after 2 a.m. My advice: bring ear plugs unless you’re a sound sleeper. That being said, I got a good night’s sleep. The bed is good. When you stay in the heart of the historic district, you accept some night noise. Welcome to Bourbon Street-north.

On a side note, I drove to nearby Defiance, Missouri, during my stay, and toured the amazing house where Daniel Boone lived his last years, and died. Incredible place and they gave me a wonderful guided tour.

So, I had a wonderful, enjoyable stay at Boone’s Colonial Inn, and want to return someday. I WILL return someday!

Room Tip: Each unit comes with 1 free parking place immediately behind the building.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Patrick_Arkansas
Reviewed 29 December 2016

The Thomas Jefferson suite was built in the early 1800's, and lovingly restored and built into a colonial feeling room. We will definitely be back. Beautiful property. Great service. We went the week before Christmas so we could see the Missouri river choked with ice, and walked the Christmas themed shops of Old St. Charles. It was a romantic get away.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a romantic get away for my birthday. He booked the Thomas Jefferson Suite. You step back in time yet have all the comforts you need. It was wonderful. We really enjoyed the little shops, the riverfront park, the history and the great food. I would love to go back.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2016

I attended a party at Boone's Colonial Inn, and I will definitely be back to stay overnight. Our party (maybe 40? 50? people) was excellent. The service was outstanding. Great food, great drinks. Such a historic place as well - you can picture Thomas Jefferson walking in the door. If I didn't live 3.5 hours away, I would host many a party there....

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Boone's Colonial Inn is an amazing place to stay in historic St. Charles. It is like stepping back in time. The decor is perfect with beautiful antiques, and the restoration of the building was clearly done with a great respect for the historical details. I was fortunate enough to stay in the Thomas Jefferson Suite. The bed was so comfortable, and there is the cutest sitting room that looks over the cobblestone street below. The bathroom was amazing! It had a big multi head shower AND a jacuzzi tub! Off the back of the room there's a balcony area that faces the park and river. A perfect place for a cup of coffee in the morning before you take a walk to explore the quaint downtown area. The building also has a common room with wonderful historical furniture and artifacts. This is a GREAT space to rent for a private party. The owners are wonderful and passionate about historic St. Charles. They are very knowledgeable about the area, so they can help you plan whatever you want to do. I highly recommend this unique property, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends