“Great Time in Old St. Charles!!!!”

St Charles Ghost Tours
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Saint Charles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Main Street St Charles seems to have more than its share of mysterious manifestations. Prepare to visit some of the places reporting ghostly activity. Just glimpsed glows, unexplained noises, and flitting shadows at the edge of vision. Lights, sights, sounds and even ghostly smells. Will you glimpse a roaming spirit that was a victim of tragic death? Will you be grabbed from behind by a soul from the “lost” graveyard? Ghosts, history, and local legends, our tours capture it all.
Alton, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Time in Old St. Charles!!!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Our team of paranormal investigators from Mineral Springs Haunted Tours in Alton, Il. took Dr. Henry's tour in 2011. We had previously heard him speak and seen some of his magic at a ghost conference in 2010. We thoroughly enjoyed his tour, both the Historic and paranormal aspects. We experienced a few things that were definitely out of the ordinary. Dr. Henry is a world renowned magician and paranormal investigator as well as an author, "Ghosts of St. Charles".He is very knowledgeable and a witty speaker. The history and hauntings of St. Charles came alive with his presentation. I definitely recommend this tour. It goes year round, and the price is very reasonable.

Visited September 2011

Florissant, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very Unprofessional!”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Rain was predicted the day of our tour. I called in advanced and aked about the refund/cancellation policy. Dr. Henry told me that if there is lightening and it is unsafe he would cancel and refund $$. Our tour was Saturday August 4,2012. At the start of our tour their were high winds and some far off lightening. About an hour into the tour a massive rain and lightening storm started, most people ran into other businesses and took cover. After the rain ended, the tour was no where in site. The following day after serveral phone calls he called and left me a message that the tour finished under a TREE!! and he was not giving any refunds. Like that is where you need to stand during a lightening and rain storm. I asked if he would at least refund half of the cost, and he refused. At the start of the tour he used very inappropiate laungage around a small boy ( use the F*** word, and during another story he talked about "hitting on girl scout leaders" that where at one of his tours). DO NOT GO ON THIS TOUR, THE OWNER IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND HE DID NOT ADHERE TO HIS CANCELLATION POLICY!

Visited August 2012
4 Thank vickiee7
wizardonmain, Owner at St Charles Ghost Tours, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
It looks as if this group is going to file a series of low ratings so I guess we can expect 8 to 10 “bad reports.”

Our Refund policy, as stated on the Website:
If you must cancel or reschedule, 48 hours notice is required. Otherwise you will be charged in full. The tour runs rain or shine, so umbrellas might be required.

As before, there was some rain on this night, but we took shelter in a local business and continued when the rain stopped. A matter of record, the baseball game ran that night and there were no reports of damage of any kind in the area. I did say that the tour would be canceled if there were lightning and it was dangerous. The nearest lightning was in Baldwin (more than 30 miles away) and there was no danger. I have no idea where this “shelter under a tree” statement came from; I assume the writer is simply exaggerating or mistaken.

The people making this complaint wandered off, and at least one member of the remaining party (12 people) mentioned one or more of them getting into a car and driving off.

This complaining group arrived late and it appeared that they had been drinking. The rest of the group had to wait for them to get to the site and check in. As a result the tour started about 15 minutes late. I feel as if I made every professional effort to meet their needs. In fact, they received special treatment. I am sorry if they got a little wet.

This “very inappropiate laungage” (sic) comment is from left field If the “F” word was used anywhere, it must have been from a member of their group. I was not going to point this out but the remaining members of the tour group seemed to be glad to see them go.

I received one phone message the following day. I returned their call promptly and left a message. There was no additional communication, simply this series of unsubstantiated reviews.
St. Louis, MO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bad experience”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

With in the first hour of our tour the wind started along with lightening and thunder, then it started pouring. Me and my friends ran for cover as did several others. The rain lasted for at least an hour. The next day we tried calling him, it took several attempts before he finally returned our phone calls. We asked only for a partial discount of $10.00, since we missed over an hour of the tour. He replied they finished the tour under a tree, which would seem impossible due to the lightening and strong winds blowing the rain. The storm was so bad a neighboring county lost their electricity. Was very disappointed overall with Dr. Henry and his tour!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank karsli
wizardonmain, Owner at St Charles Ghost Tours, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
There was a bit of rain when this tour started. Not much rain, but most people on the tour had umbrellas and it was not a problem. About one fourth of the way through the tour this group just disappeared. They left on their own without a word. The rest of us continued the tour.

A short time later, it did begin to rain a little more. We took shelter near a local business, (not under a tree) out of the rain and had some soft drinks and a very interesting discussion about ghosts. The tour was delayed about 15 or 20 minutes, but everyone seemed to be having a good time. The rain then stopped and we continued.

I will admit, the tour ran a little long because I shared some additional, special information with the group. It turned into a rather unique, and I believe informative tour!

There was no threat of any kind. There was no lightning, no strong winds, no hail and no local damage. There was some damage in a neighboring county, more than 25 miles away, but nothing locally. St. Charles got a little wet for a short time, but all the local trees retained all of their leaves and all of their branches.

The rest group elected to continue and by the end of the tour (after midnight) the sky was actually clear and the stars came out. According to the weather service, there was less than 1/8 inch of rain total.

I received one phone message from the group and I returned the call the next day. There was no answer so I left a message and did not hear anything more. Their phone message simply said “they did not like the rain and decided to leave.” My return message simply reminded them of the refund policy. If there were multiple attempts to contact me, they did not come to my phone number.

The tour was not canceled, and the weather was not dangerous. The group choose to leave the tour and I cannot be responsible for their decision. The rest of us had a very enjoyable evening!
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great, informative tour”
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We had a wonderful time at the tour the other night. Dr. Henry really knows his stuff. Whether you believe in the supernatural or not, there's a great time to be had here. You'll learn a lot about a very interesting town and maybe even encounter a ghost or two. Would definitely go again.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Lew W
Saint Charles, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Informative & Scary”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

The tour was very informative on the history of old St. Charles and the streets definitely had a creepy feel. We were on the 9:30pm tour and this seemed to be a good time in terms of St. Charles street traffic. Had already read Michael's book (which he graciously signed for me after the tour) and it was a nice to have some of that history before the actual tour. Unusual activity occured with the EMF detectors in some key spots. It was scary and fun and I can imagine that booking a group tour would be a great way to celebrate a birthday etc.. Price was reasonable and lasted 90 minutes. Would definitely recommend the tour to both tourists to the area and local residents who want to learn more about this amazing history right in their backyard.

Visited October 2011