“Good value for money”
Review of Sunset Inn

Sunset Inn
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Stayed for 2 nights and had a lovely time. The staff at motel were very friendly and accommodating. We will back to stay at the motel in future trips.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JackTaylor846465

Reviewed 16 October 2009

Booked this room by chance through Priceline. It convinced me to always keep my star rating to two stars or better. After getting this room booked, we looked at the reviews and we're scared what this place would be like. The good news is our room was not filthy like many other reviewers experienced. The sheets were clean, the room looked fine, and the only dirty looking thing was the tub which was just stained. There was a good TV and even a little fridge.

That's as positive as it gets. Going to sleep proved very hard. Why? First off, it was probably the worst bed I've ever slept on. It was less comfortable than a camp bunk bed. My back hurt after my short sleep. The hotel should burn all these beds and start over. Also, anytime someone ran water in a nearby room it sounded like a teapot blowing loud steam. It was horrible. I think I got about 4 hours of often interrupted sleep - and I usually sleep 8 with no problem.

I woke up to the WORST breakfast I have ever had at a hotel. There were two cheap cereals, paper bowls, plastic spoons, a fridge with whole milk and tang, and 3 plastic wrapped little debbie snacks. That was their complimentary breakfast. I was not too happy about that.

I would never suggest anyone stay there, and I will never stay again. It is no wonder that when we checked out the "staff" did not even ask, "How was your stay?" I'm sure they have learned to just let their grumpy, sleepy clientele leave in silence.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank bcmguy
Reviewed 27 July 2009

If it is possible to be in a slum- this hotel is in it. Filthy room, and you could tell by the "clientelle" outside their rooms drinking 40's off the balcony what kind of crowd this hotel draws. I would not ever recommend staying here for $10 a night, let alone $60. Terrible, filthy, and sorry- but NO WAY it's "American" owned and operated.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swilbur
Reviewed 3 February 2009

The bathroom was dirty. The beds were very very hard. Couldn't sleep on the pillows on bed as they were dirty and stained. The wireless didn't work and the clerk's response was that she didn't know what to tell me and hung up. Very dirty!!!!!! Only stayed because I was very tired and didn't think they would refund my money anyway. Didn't even think about eating the continental breakfast as the room was so dirty and wondered about the lobby where the food was on the counter.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank severancegirl
Reviewed 24 October 2006

Stayed one night here in a room that smelled like wet dogs. Bathroom was filthy, bedspread was stained and dirty. I stayed on the first floor and in the room overhead, the people spending the night had 2 dogs that ran around and barked ALL NIGHT LONG! Repeated calls to the front desk yielded no solutions to the problem. I would never stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo