All reviews huge shower rain shower kansas city casino floor great bathroom nice casino rooms are big king room terrace buffet beautiful hotel favorite hotel nice stay mini fridge payouts showerhead pillows staycation
Reviewed 15 March 2015

3 words: no free wifi. Really? I'm today's day and age you're going to charge for wifi? Even Super 8 offers free wifi. Regardless, the room was clean, the staff was very friendly, although they didn't know the answer to my question about free local calls - the receptionist thought they charged 99 cents a minute after a certain time, but didn't know when that was or if they actually charged. The bathroom was nice, although a little dated. The only reason I gave this place a 3 was due to the steakhouse being excellent and the casino being loose.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank ScottSTL
Reviewed 5 March 2015

I've stayed here before and found this time to be just as good as the others. Put the price aside for a moment and you must agree that the room is comfortable and the shower is terrific. It is also convenient to the casino which is the attraction to this location. But the hotel also has a very nice (expensive) restaurant and a pretty good buffet. So, just relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of the main floor and then retire to a comfortable room for a good night's sleep.

Nope, there is no beach, so don't get your hopes up.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dennis J
Reviewed 8 February 2015

Was in town on business and thought since I was going to be working quite a bit I'd treat myself to at least a good night's sleep. I stayed here for a week and because of the hours I was working I ended having to eat at the three restaurants on the property. Breakfast is an important meal for me and the brunch that is comped to the room was not the best. If you like crusty pancakes, overcooked oatmeal (without the oatmeal staples of brown sugar, nuts, and raisins), and tons of sweet things like danishes and donuts then you won't mind this. If you are a tea drinker you'd better bring your own as the only tea they offer is bags of lipton. The other two places are way overpriced. The Crazy Olives restaurant has a limited menu. Their burgers are good but the price of over 20 bucks for a burger and a beer is at least 5 too much. My last night there I was back in time to eat at the steak place and holy cow was that ever expensive. Wanting to celebrate a few victory's I had at work that week I was in the mood for a good steak. I had the crab cakes (18.00 for two) and they were just ok. Then the steak came and what a disappointment. It was dry, there was little to no flavor, and being the larger 8oz option was still on the small side. The whole meal with one glass of wine, one appetizer, and the steak was just shy of 70.00!
The hotel was nice and the rooms were clean. The staff I dealt with were all very nice. The showers are really nice and there are the usual several pillow choices on the bed. The drag about the hotel was the cigarette smoke that seemed to be in the air throughout the property. There is smoking on the casino side but in restaurants. That's like back when there were smoking sections on airplanes - ha - there's no way in hell you can have large groups of smokers in the hallway and not smell it in the restaurant. But knowing there was smoking in the casino I resided to the fact and just dealt with it while I ate. Back to my non-smoking room. It was like the room was once a smoking room and they only just changed the policy. My sinuses were stuffed up the entire time I was in the hotel. I don't mean to whine and if you're a smoker you'll probably really like the place. But for a non-smoker you'll not a very nice time.
Again, great staff but there's nothing there worth the price. OH and the kicker, no free wifi. I'm writing this from my room and having to use my phone's hotspot to connect to the internet. Wifi here is at least 5 bucks a day, you've got to be kidding me!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank Kearney64
Reviewed 6 February 2015

We decided to make a trip since we'd received a coupon in the mail for a $69 stay. Parking was quite inconvenient for the hotel portion to begin with. We made it to the room, and discovered very few positive amenities. The bed wasn't very comfortable, the shower took several minutes to warm up, and the tv had very few channels that were free. My biggest setback was the lack of free wifi. I make it a point to never stay at a place without free wifi, and didn't think to check on this one, considering it was a discount. I was only 20 at the time of our stay, so naturally I couldn't take a trip to the casino floor, leaving me to find some form of entertainment.

We will never stay at the Argosy again, or return to gamble. Staying here was the real gamble, and just like our encounter on the gaming floor, it was a complete loss. Many casino hotels make it feel like a getaway, or at least make a stay somewhat pleasant, but this stay was just an utter disappointment.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for 2nights.
The check in was nice, easy and fast.
The rooms spacious and the bathroom including the shower is very big and very nice looking.
The only bad factors about this Hotel were, that they still charge for WiFi (9.95$/24h)
And the toilet paper. I ended up driving to a store close by, to get something a little more soft.

Over all a nice stay in Kansas City.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business