USD 66
USD 154
USD 149
USD 124
HIExpress.com
American Inn(North Kansas City)
USD 66
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
USD 80
Priceline
USD 70
USD 60
Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
USD 144
USD 127
All reviewshuge showerkansas cityrain showergreat bathroomrooms are bigwalk in showerking roombeautiful hotelterrace buffetfavorite hotelwonderful staycompsshowerheadsheetsstaycationproshallway
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We had stayed at the Argosy before, and it is a great place. My problem is, I don't like paying for an expensive room...and booking it as a smoking room, one month in advance, then being told they don't have any. I know how hotels operate, as I have been a front desk clerk. At the last minute, some really highrollers wanted their free rooms to be smoking, and we got bumped to non-smoking. The front desk gal was not even nice about it, and neither was I! I told her I would take the two non smoking rooms I purchased for my niece and husband, but not to do anything about my room, till I called the number for hotels.com, as I was told to do by the gal that sold me the rooms.(This is a sore point also, because she told me it would be a smoking room, when I told her if it wasn't, I didn't want it!) She also said if I didn't get it, to call the hotels.com number and they would straighten it out. This turned out to be a lie also, so she got her sale anyway, and we were stuck for two days there. Why didn't we go elsewhere? Well the front desk clerk checked us into both rooms, even after I told her not to, until I got hold of hotels.com. I won't be back, so guess we will live with the Ameristar, and Harrahs accomodations, which are comped anyway!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 December 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the Argosy at least 6 times. We have always been impressed by the hotel and the cleanliness of the rooms. I can't say enough about the showers. The hotel area is fresh, bright and inviting.
We have tried all the restaurants. Crazy Olives is good and the Buffet is good too. The steakhouse is overpriced for the quality of food though. The Sandwich shop inside the Casino is the best sandwich ever once you have had a few too many drinks.
The Casino is average, but the comps are great. Dealers are genrally fun and the atmosphere is good. Drinks are weak, but fairly cheap.
The hotel does lack a pool, but they probably want you gambling instead of swimming. The Missouri River is right out back, so you could take a dip in that. Don't take your kids here, there is nothing for them to do except eat at the buffet and sit in the room.

Room Tip: Stay on the first or second floor to avoid the sometimes slow elevators. However, 1st and 2nd floor rooms have terrible views, so you have to make a choice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2011

IF you enjoy playing....IF you enjoy great accommodations....IF you enjoy a relaxed and fun place to play a bit of the "games of chance".....and IF you enjoy really good food....then look no further. The Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa is located a short 15 minute drive from the airport and a short 30 minute drive to the Country Club Plaza area. In town for a Chiefs or Royals game? 30 minutes and you are at the stadiums.

The staff is helpful and always with a smile on their faces. This may be one of the best kept secretes in terms of first class accommodations in the Kansas City area, all at a great price!

Room Tip: They are all very nice. The higher the floor, the nicer the view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2011

This is the third time we have stayed at this hotel, as it is the only 4-star lodging halfway between our home and Colorado (our destination several times a year). Each time, the room has been fine and the shower has been great, but the service has been either nonexistent or downright rude. I realize this is Missouri, and perhaps this is all one can expect from such a location -- but this was Argosy's third and final chance with us.

The front desk staff has less personality than grocery store clerks. Tonight, we arrived at 8:30, and promptly ordered room service. While eating, we heard the alarm of a car in the parking lot, eight floors down. We waited a bit before calling the front desk. At that time, the desk clerk let me explain what was going on, and then said she was going to transfer me to security, to whom I had to explain it once again. Neither the desk clerk nor security apologized for the disturbance or thanked me for my call. Since this was coming from a large SUV in the gated guest lot of the hotel, it is the hotel's obligation to remedy the situation.

A bit later, at 10:30pm, we saw security standing near the car, and then leaving. The alarm was still going off. We waited until 11:30pm, and called the front desk again, to check on their status. This time, another clerk (male) said that security was trying to find the guest who owned the vehicle. Once again, we were stunned by the fact that no apology was offered. In fact, each clerk seemed irritated by our calls.

It is currently 1:35am, and the alarm is still going off, intermittently. I'm appalled that this hotel can get away with a 4-star rating from TripAdvisor, but I will make sure that all of our road-tripping friends stay far away from this place. Where is a JW Marriott or a Fairmont when you need one?

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This property is about a 15 minute drive from downtown KC, Played here a few months ago with our player's card and received a free room offer in the mail -- so why not stay overnight this time. Unloading luggage at the front door was very convenient and parking is free and very close. Arrived early but we were able to check in without delay. VERY nice room with fridge and coffee maker (and all other amenities noted by other reviewers). Didn't hear any neighbors. The entire staff was wonderful. Recommend trying Journey Steakhouse. We shared a strip steak, crab cakes, and the signature salad -- plenty for the two of us. With two drinks and a tip, the bill came to about 100.00 - very good experience. Ate at Crazy Olive's sports bar for lunch the next day. It was typical fare. If you're staying and playing, get a player's card. Ask the staff on the casino floor for comps. They offered us food and room comps. Cocktails on the gaming floor are not complimentary (think it's a MO law) but soft drinks, coffee, etc. are. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple