“A beautiful campus”

USD 52.34*
and up
Small-Group Half-Day Tour of Branson via Luxury Vehicle
More attraction details
Owner description: College of the Ozarks, known as "Hard Work U," is more than a college. It's a destination with tons of family-friendly activities, including two museums, an old-fashioned grist mill, fruitcake and jelly kitchen, stained glass studio, and exquisite 4-star dining at Dobyns Dining Room in The Keeter Center. It's a great way to spend a day while you are in the Branson area. The only thing that requires admission is the Ralph Foster Museum ($6 Adults, $5 Seniors, and Free to all 18 and under). Dobyns Dining Room offers a farm to table experience without breaking the bank. Come learn why this unique college is nationally known.
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We always visit the College when we go to Branson. On this trip we were there on 2 occasions. One night we ate a delicious dinner in their dining room, and the second visit was during the day when we ate ice cream at the Creamery and then drove around the campus, stopping at the chapel and the mill.

This unique college is a "must-see" when you're in Branson. The students are required to work a minimum of 15 hours on campus, but have the option to work enough hours to pay their tuition if necessary. It is a Christ-centered college and referred to as Hard Work U.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,417)

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I read a lot of good reviews about the campus and decided to make a detour on the way to the hotel. The campus is nice but I wouldn't rate it any better than other college campuses that I have been. I just wasn't overly impressed by the campus. What I was impressed by was the concept of the school. Students working to pay their tuition and seeing college students working at the hotel desk, the gift shops, ice cream shop, coffee shop, museum. If I was rating the school itself for concept I would have given it a five star rating but as far as a tourist stop (with all the other things to do in Branson) it would be in the middle of my list.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We ate Sunday brunch there and it was wonderful. The students work there and they do an excellent job.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Of all the Colleges in the US, this has to be the greatest as far as a well-rounded education. Not to let the cat out of the bag....visit the campus and find out more of the story, but the students do not pay any tuition. This is a MUST SEE if you visit the Branson area.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

All colleges should do the same and take a page out of this one. All students work and the college is clean and picture perfect. The students are very respectful and industrious.