“Best food we had on the lake!”

Backwater Jacks Bar & Grill
Ranked #21 of 104 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 9 August 2018

My husband and I visited on a very hot Monday. The place was not busy at all and the service was excellent. They had a special on crab legs and they were cooked to perfection. My husband and I both enjoyed our lunch very much. The atmosphere was family friendly. There was an amazing pool with a swim up bar. The restaurant was very clean and appeared well kept. The view of the lake was minimal as it is in a small cove. Lots of parking for boats and lots of parking for cars. I imagine this place could get very busy on the weekends.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

went here as a family of 10, ordered our food and when food was delivered 2 of the group did not receive their order, waited and waited for our waitress to return, finally had to track her down to tell her, she went and got the other 2 plates, had to track her down again to get refills, she took an order for 2 refills and was gone less than 2 minutes to get them and did not remember who they were for. I ordered a half dozen oysters, they were good, but he grouper sandwich I ordered was good until about half way through it was cold. my wife and sons asked to see a manager but were told the main manager was doing food demonstations and could not be interrupted, the bar manager was told about the experience but we were told she expected that from our waitress but she could not do anything about that. will not go back and do not recommend this place to anyone there are a lot better place at the lake than this one.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Family of 4 (kids 13 and 10) - we take a trip to Lake of the Ozarks every July. One week of nothing but boating, eating, and drinking! Backwater Jacks is a regular stop. Great food, great atmosphere. Nothing to complain about. We'll be back in 2019!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I will lead by saying my food was good, once I got it. My family of 10 visited Backwater today and I have to say the service was horrible. The tables next to us seemed to have good service but I can’t say the same. My brother and I waited ten minutes after everyone else to get our food as our waitress visited our table twice the whole time we were there. My grouper fingers were really good once I finally got them. The burgers were a little dry but seemed ok. We had all but two people sitting with empty glasses during the whole meal. Ultimately, I would recommend Backwater Jacks to anyone looking for good food but I definitely wouldn’t recommend it for good service.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Outside by the pool is a little crazy if your old but the younger crowd was having fun. We ate inside and had great service and the the food was very good. Quite water was easy for docking.