“Better Than It Looks”

Econo Lodge Kansas City Downtown North
Reviewed 25 April 2016

I agree with many reviewers in that this place is a good value, it being clean and comfortable, and it being a good location. It is worn down. It's really noticeable in the hallways. The evening front desk clerk is a "honey" "sweatie" kind of person but that provides a bit of friendly welcome and hominess I guess. Those morning people don't deal with the oddity of people looking for rooms late in the evening and the those who who have rooms that are returning from partying, gambling, traveling, and whatnot. Diverse customer base indeed. Breakfast was fine if you are good with continental. Lack of seating though. My Queen bed room was dinky and the curtain had duct tape on it but it was clean. Bed was comfortable but the pillows uneven...all three had a different feel to them. Bring your favorite from home. The room was far more quiet than I expected and it had a fridge. I have a third floor room facing the back. Probably a good choice.

Room Tip: Upper Floor of any hotel you can't go wrong with, including here. Bring your favorite pillow fro...
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 April 2016

We were pleasantly surprised at this hotel! We've never stayed at an EconoLodge, but found this one to have everything we needed. It's not fancy, and could use some updating, but the room was very comfortable, spacious, and clean. What more could you want for a one night stay! It was right off the Interstate, easy to find, and close to town. The staff members were polite and professional, and the free breakfast was enough to get us on our way in the morning. We'll check out more of this chain's hotels! The only issue was that there are trains running not far from the hotel, so people who are light sleepers might have a problem.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2016

The room was very clean. The elevator was not. Sean at the front desk was the best. The safe wouldn't work and could not be fixed so he removed the charge from my bill. The breakfast room was clean and the food was good. The main objection I had was no coffee in the rooms. I had to go to the lobby to get coffee that wasn't always hot. I had a microwave so I heated it up. Everyone couldn't have been nicer and said hello each time I saw them. My room was right above the lobby with a highway frontage and it was super quiet.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2016

The rooms were very basic, clean and comfortable. I was there for only one night, but I had a great night's sleep. When checking in, the young man at the front desk was extremely cordial and expedited the cleaning of my room so that I could check in. I was quite pleased.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2016

I needed the get away from my house and the drama there. Decided to stay at this location. I called ahead to make my reservations through their 1800 number....I asked for a non smoking room. When I arrived and got to my room, it was a smoking room, one of the beds in the room was a total mess. There were tools on the entertainment center. I backed out of the room and went to get another room. The next room I got had double beds of course which was fine. It was also a non smoking room which was awesome. The tv however was bothersome. The remote did not seem to want to change channels. I thought it was the batteries so I went to the front desk and had those replaced. Even then the remote took forever to change a channel. I don't think that remote was fitted to that tv. The water pressure in the shower was so so. Not as hot as I would have liked it to be, but otherwise it was okay. I could not even connect to the wifi on my laptop.
I've stayed here before and not had these problems before. It seems they are falling down on the upkeep for this place. I will only stay here in desperate situations.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
6 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun
0.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express North Kansas City

Been to Econo Lodge Kansas City Downtown North? Share your experiences!