“Great Accomodation”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Friendly desk clerk, and very clean room, well updated and comfortable. I had a problem with the TV and the clerk got it resolved. She recommended a nearby restaurant that was within close walking distance. This is a GREAT Econo Lodge. Beats the last Econo Lodge I stayed at the night before, which was terrible. I like this place!. Big variety at breakfast too. Waffles and pancakes!

Room Tip: If all rooms have been updated like mine, all rooms are modern, clean and comfy.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank SHC5015
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 9 September 2015

I stayed here for a night in early September to be close to power and lights district for a reasonable price. I would say the highlight of the stay is the guest service. The guy at the front desk is extremely friendly and helpful and went out of his way to fix a TV issue we had. Also, the cleaning ladies were very friendly. The water pressure in the shower was excellent. However, the rooms were SO SMALL and my room and my friends' room both smelled like smoke and were damp. The bed wasn't horrible...but I am 6 months pregnant and woke up with an extremely bad back ache. My friends and husband seemed to sleep okay (minus the AC in my friends' room was making lots of weird noises that kept them up). The breakfast was simple- waffles,pancakes, pastries, cereal- but I always enjoy a waffle :-) One huge bummer was that I asked when I booked to be in a room close to my friends and they actually gave us rooms as far away as you can possibly get one separate corners of the hotel. They told us it was due to full booking... but still I have never run into an issue with this before. It was just a minor annoyance. Overall, I do not think I would stay here again but I definitely would not consider it a bad experience.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessica W
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I can't imagine that the people leaving 4 and 5 star reviews are staying at the same hotel. This was one step above We're Leaving No Way. The people were nice, and they were trying hard, you could tell. Some things were updated, like the bedding, the TVs, and the lobby. The rest was super sketchy. The carpet was decades old and was all loose and smelly. The elevator was filthy. Breakfast was 100% carbs, and a lot of the breakfast area was not quite clean. The pancake machine, juice machine, and a refrigerator were broken. But they had real butter. See? Trying, but NO. When we checked in, the first room we were given wasn't cleaned yet. So we got moved. The key didn't work, so we had to go back again. The front desk lady was nice about it, but get it together, people. The whole interior felt like an outdoor motel that had walls built around it to close it in. The bed was hard and uncomfortable and the pillows were tiny, but the bedding was new. One of the outlets in the room was black and burned. The chair looked like a cat had been scratching it. The lights were so dim they were pretty much useless. It was just smelly, and weird, and...NO.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank MartinFamilyKV
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Not super clean, but It was adequate. A bit damp. Breakfast was okay, nothing special for being in the heart of the city. Service was very friendly. I would still recommend this place for an overnight's rest.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on business in August 2015. The front desk staff were super welcoming and helpful and the room was comfortable and clean. It did smell a little damp but there was no sign of any nastiness. Free wifi and ample parking mean you get a pretty good deal beating in mind what you pay. It's about 20 mins from downtown KC.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
#75 of 109 in Kansas City
6.0 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun

Recently Reviewed Hotels around North Kansas City

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!