“Excellent food, terrible service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Colony House Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in New Haven
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Food was excellent. They serve the best biscuits I have every eaten, light as feather , moist with an excellent flavor. The fried green tomatoes are excellent as well. The sausage gravy was perfect . Unfortunately our server was terrible... Took way too long to come and take our order, never came back and asked if we wanted more ice tea, and never brought the included sundaes for the two kids meals.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

It wasa lazy Sunday in September. We piled the entire family into the car and set out for Hermann. Along the way, we stopped for gas in New haven. That's when I spotted the sign that read New Haven Arts District and Riverfront. On a whim, we decided to check it out. New Haven's Art District spans one square city block. It has eclectic shops, a distillery with free tastings, and a small museum in the Visitors Center. The riverfront is a park dedicated to the famed mountain man John Colter, who not only was part of the Lewis & Clark Expedition, but he's credited with being the first White Man to set foot in Yellowstone.
But this is about the Colony House. This is a good sized, family dining style eatery on the edge of town. We stopped in for a lunch of a fried chicken quesadilla, which was so big my wife and I shared it. Our son had a generous plate of chicken strips, while my in-laws had cheeseburgers and fries. My wife, son and I had a house salad which came with our meal and we topped it off with really good sweet teas. The food was good, plentiful and the price was right ($39 for all of us!) If you're in New Haven, please give Colony House a try. You'll like it.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Good home style cooking with great prices. Food is average to good for being a diner. Staff is friendly and helpful. Prices are very inexpensive.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

I'd give the food a B, customer service, A+. We needed a sunday morning extended family meet up and visit. We were never rushed at all, and the whole experience was JUST what we needed. We chose to sit in the smaller room off to the side where we could be 'alone' and take our time. The food was more than adequate, and our individual needs were heard and honored. I would go here again......

Reviewed 21 October 2015 via mobile

The food was ok.. Prices were ok... Ambiance was ok.... Service was great! I had the taco salad(wouldn't recommend) husband had the breakfast omelet and he said it was ok. Kids did like the ice cream! The place has great potential! But it feels like they "gave up" on trying to please anyone except the elderly clientele they cater too. If someone spruced the place up and got rid of the hospital dinner plates and put more pride and effort into the food (like you expect from small towns) this place has the potential to be really really great!