“Best Mexican restaurant in New Haven”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Ranchito Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in New Haven
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Good food and nice atmosphere. Service is friendly. Everything on the menu is good. Never hesitate to enjoy.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

We split a meal of pick 3 and he had a beer and I had a margaritta, quick and good service. Don't shy away from the outside the food tasted great!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 18 June 2016

When the Port's End was closed on a Saturday afternoon, we ventured into El Ranchito. It was not busy, probably close to 1:30. Our food and beverages came out after a decent interval. They were o.k., but not worth a repeat visit. We had to wait for more than 15 minutes for someone to come into the room we were eating in, so we could get the check. Really, if I wasn't honest, I would have just left.

Date of visit: June 2016
2  Thank Janet L
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Decided to eat here on a Friday night. My husband and I hadn't been back since the ownership changed. The service is still sub par. I ordered a margarita and I was impressed with the size of a medium but the drink could have been better. They seem to always be understaffed and unable to handle large groups of people. A table of 4 across from us was given their meals at separate times. However our food was much better than it had been in the past. I think a lot of people are dissapointed with the build your own nachos. I won't say that I'll never return but I would think twice before returning. Medicore service at El Ranchito would really help out the business.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 1 March 2016

This is not true Mexican food. Everything here is covered in so much cheese sauce you can't even tell what you are eating. I didn't think you could mess up a Taco Salad but this place has managed to do it by adding so much cheese sauce that by the time it reached my table the crunchy taco bowl was soggy and cheese running all down the bottom of the plate. If you just want Margarita's and something to put on your stomach, then this might be the place for you.

Date of visit: November 2015