“New Ownership: Still slow service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Ranchito Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in New Haven
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Decided to eat here on a Friday night. My husband and I hadn't been back since the ownership changed. The service is still sub par. I ordered a margarita and I was impressed with the size of a medium but the drink could have been better. They seem to always be understaffed and unable to handle large groups of people. A table of 4 across from us was given their meals at separate times. However our food was much better than it had been in the past. I think a lot of people are dissapointed with the build your own nachos. I won't say that I'll never return but I would think twice before returning. Medicore service at El Ranchito would really help out the business.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

This is not true Mexican food. Everything here is covered in so much cheese sauce you can't even tell what you are eating. I didn't think you could mess up a Taco Salad but this place has managed to do it by adding so much cheese sauce that by the time it reached my table the crunchy taco bowl was soggy and cheese running all down the bottom of the plate. If you just want Margarita's and something to put on your stomach, then this might be the place for you.

Reviewed 30 September 2014

Went there around 8:00 on a Friday night and there was a balloon glow in town, so maybe I caught them on a night where they were slammed. That said, the place was pretty dirty, table sticky, floors unkept. Service was pretty slow, especially given the restaurant wasnt that crowded by the time we went. Food was average at best. There are much better options about 10 minutes east in Washington, so I doubt Id go back.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

El Ranchito is not a fancy romantic place, but does have good food and a great margarita. The staff is very helpful. It can get a bit loud.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

If you have one mexican restaurant in town, chances are you may like it. But if you had other choices, the differences are vast! Every visit always yields slow staff. Food is average, it is hit or miss. The best part of this place is the drinks.