“BARE MINIMUM” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mountain Grove
NIXA
“BARE MINIMUM”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

It would do for just a place where you need to get off the road... but very old and need of updating. The little refrig never got cool, the ice machine was broke and window curtain was coming down. After my shower I walked across the floor and my bottom of my feet turned black from dirt on carpet. At least the air was cold, king bed was not too bad and the breakfast provided was good. Staff was nice. However, rate seemed to be high for what you got.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Critters78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2010

I called to cancel a stay with this hotel well in advance of the reservation deadline to cancel a room. Communication was difficult but I was told nothing else needed to be done, and he repeated my name and date of the cancellation but did not give a cancellation number. Now the corporate hotel team will not refund me since I was not given a cancellation number, and the hotel told me to disspute this with my credit card company who told me I needed a cancellation number to dispute this. I am beyond disappointed with this hotel and corporate Travellodge. I have also filed with the BBB due to this complete lack of customer service, and refusal to refund my money. Based on the other reviews, I am not surprised one bit. Being this was a small town, I did not think to review this before I stayed or I would have never stayed here in the first place.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Mountain Grove hotels

Central, MO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

We stayed at the Travelodge in Mountain Grove, MO last night and about the only thing that we were very happy with was the girl who was working the night shift at the motel. When we got there and checked in, we went to our room and two of the lamps didn't have any light bulbs in them. My husband went down to the desk and came back with the girl and a package of light bulbs. She was able to put a bulb in the first lamp and then when she tried to put a bulb in the second lamp it obviously had a short in and would not stay on. It was quite a ways from the bed and so we told her not to worry about it. She did offer to go to another room and trade lamps. She did try to help within the constraints of her job. Then we began looking around the room. In the bathroom, there was what appeared to be a new tub, but there was alot of mold under the flooring around the tub. In addition there was plaster falling from the ceiling and appeared to be a collection of moisture at the end of the tub at hte top end of the shower. The plaster was bubbled up. The carpet was mostly clean but was not thoroughly cleaned under things and around the edges. We found five flies in the room during the evening. We also heard another party complain about the fact that they had rented a non-smoking room and there were cigarette butts under the nightstand next to the bed. They were asking for a discount for this and it didn't sound like they were getting anywhere. Also we were charged over $60 for this room which I thought was an overcharge for the condition of the room. I would never stay at this hotel again. I was also told that the same family owns the Days Inn in Mountain Grove, so I probably wouldn't stay there either. In case management is reading this, we really do stay at placed that are reasonably priced, clean, and where we are treated decently.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Rancho Cucamonga, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

when we got there I was told "you know have reservation, I canceled, got more money". as the guy basically refused to help, he watched tv and ignored me.they finally agreed to give me another room at higher rate, which I ended up declining after seeing it. there was literally a trash pile in the parking lot-junk metal, old construction trash, and the rooms were filthy and smelled horrible.
it was filthy and i've never seen such rude people running a business. it was so bad, i will never stay in another travelodge.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Tyler
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

The nightly rate was higher than we were told by phone. Rooms were not desirable. Wireless internet does not work in the rooms, as was promised. Personal property was stolen from the room and the staff couldn't care less. The other motel is owned by the same person, so there you have it.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain Grove
33.8 km away
Comfort Inn Willow Springs
Comfort Inn Willow Springs
#1 of 1 in Willow Springs
14.6 km away
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Been to Royal Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!