Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
zoemax
sydney Australia

Needs updating

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 May 2024via mobile
Arrival was very unwelcoming, staff seemed to be annoyed that we were there, our room was not ready and we had no idea how long we would have to wait
The rooms are very dated and old
My bed was too short for me, I think o was given a cot mattress
The towels were threadbare and stains on the carpet
Thank goodness for Tahnita, beautiful and helpful and Friendly
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 10 May 2024
Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention.

I have spoken with Tayanita, she has informed me that she has spoken with the staff member in relation to your arrival experience and with the Housekeeping Manager in relation to the concerns in your room. These concerns are being addresses.
I am sorry that you have had to experience these issues.

Regards

Fully refundable
No booking fees
0.4 km from Governor's Lodge
View more hotels in Kingston
All reviews continental breakfast reception staff individual cabins hire car norfolk island lounge bar reception area comfortable place to stay lovely pool hospitality staff well maintained gardens restaurant located burnt pine enjoyed our stay internet access walking distance to town easy access
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2024

Staff were friendly and helpful. The cabins are older style but were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good. We had a 7 night stay and it was very enjoyable. Our package had a 7 day car hire included together with breakfast every morning. Also some tours were included.

Room tip: Seven days is probably the perfect time frame to stay on Norfolk Island. A beautiful place to visit.
Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mary-Lou Corcoran, General Manager at Governor's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2024

Thank you so much for your review, we are so glad you enjoy your time at Governor's Lodge and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 February 2024

We loved our holiday on Norfolk Island.
Our unit was very clean and serviced regularly. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Happy hour in the cocktail bar was a huge success.
Would certainly recommend to anyone wanting a relaxing break.
We booked thru Spacifica travel and they sure delivered. The tours and rental car were all organised and the whole holiday went without a hitch.

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mary-Lou Corcoran, General Manager at Governor's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2024

Hi Bronnie Thank you for the great review and glad you enjoyed your time on the island. We hope to have you with us again on Norfolk Island!

Reviewed 10 February 2024

Our delux cabin was spacious and comfortable with a spa. The grounds were easily accessible for the not so young and able and those with walking frames. The swimming pool and spa was user friendly. Baileys Restaurant and the Boat House served delicious 5 star food beautifully presented. Young back packer waiters/waitresses were friendly and efficient and hailed from all quarters of the world.

Room tip: Telecommunication on the island is not great but you can buy a local SIM which works. There are places that offer free Wifi.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Marta Thank you for your kind words and 5star review. Hopefully we can look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2024

The venue is good but the cabin I stayed in was awful. Smelly, grimy, fly screens coming apart, cockroaches, hard bed, smelly and stained bedlinen…the list goes on. Apparently some cabins, the lower numbers were quite nice, according to fellow travellers, but others were similar to mine. A bad experience which soured my holiday.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Mary-Lou Corcoran, General Manager at Governor's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2024

I am sorry you have had to experiences these issues within your cabin. Can I ask - were these issues bought to our attention when you were on site ?
Also is it possible to have the number of the cabin so we are able to rectify the issues you have raised.
We are currently going through a refurb of the property and your feedback is so important to us.

Reviewed 8 January 2024 via mobile

Unfortunately we found our selves needing an extra nights accommodation on Norfolk. So off to Governor’s lodge for the night.

Firstly the positives. The cabin has a nice view. The pool was clean. The cabin was clean. The breakfast was ok.

Then the negatives. I am a senior medical specialist and am always nice to the people I have the honor to care for in my “service industry” . At the reception at this place, my wife and I felt like an unwelcome inconvenience upon arrival. The staff are impertinent. This morning I had the temerity to ask if I could use Amex. A “sorry no” would have been fine. Not an “as if, won’t be using that on Norfolk”. This after we had used Amex several times during the week on the island. Other staff indifferent. Extra costs for WiFi; had to buy a week if we wanted it. This seems mean. Provide it and put it in the price.

Room tired and musty like an aged care home. TV didn’t work properly. If I was a the manager I would replace every “faded to blue” picture in existence.

Best avoided.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marketing Team, Other at Governor's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2024

Thanking you for your feedback, your feedback is extremely valuable to us as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the service your received at reception. I have followed up with the Front Office Manager who is addressing the issues mentioned with the Guest Service Agents.

I am sorry your experience fell short of expectations.