“Not a particularly good experience”
Review of Liberty Diner - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Liberty Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 16 July 2015

Unfortunately, good breakfast food isn't enough to redeem the Liberty Diner. I agree with the reviewers who mention that the Liberty Diner has good breakfast. My Denver omelet was good, the hashbrowns were crisp, just as I had asked, and my daughter said her Belgian waffle and sausage were fine. But good breakfast food only goes so far when there are other major problems.
The exterior of the place was almost enough to make us turn around and go get gas station pizza, but I hoped this was one of those places that looks rough on the outside but is a gem on the inside. It isn't. As others have mentioned, the interior was pretty shabby and could use a good cleaning. I know there is no Missouri law prohibiting smoking in restaurants, but it would be nice if the owners prohibited smoking in their own establishment, as the "non-smoking room," which was completely open to the smoking room, smelled of cigarette smoke.
The server was friendly, but she completely forgot the Belgian waffle part of the Belgian Waffle Meal my daughter ordered. She brought the eggs and sausage and said the waffle was on its way, but we had to ask about it (there were only 3 other tables occupied in the room, so not overly busy), and by the time we got the waffle, the rest of us had finished our meals. The server was apologetic, but it was clear that she and the cook had forgotten about it. The non-breakfast entrees (a cheeseburger and a Monte Cristo sandwich) were fine, although the fries weren't hot, and our cold drinks were never refilled.
In short, the food was fine, the staff needs greater attention to detail, and the owners really need to put some time and money into the building and its cleanliness. If I find myself driving through Mexico, MO again at lunch time, I will not choose to eat here again.

Reviewed 6 June 2015

Eat there for breakfast a lot, for $5.49 you can hardly eat it all. Eggs, hashbrowns ,toast, and a big biscuit with lots of good sausage gravy.We also go there for fried chicken, fried while you wait, so don't get in a hurry =.

Reviewed 27 February 2015

I've eaten here a couple times and either the food is pretty good,or just down right gross. The food is the least of the problems.the place looks run down and dirty, like its never been clean. The wait staff is slow and unintelligent acting.not to mention when the cooks came out of the kitchen they looked so nasty and sloppy. I've given this place a couple of fair chances and I will for sure not be back. Plenty of other resteraunts to spend your money on.

Reviewed 19 February 2015

We were in town for several days and liked the Liberty Diner so much we went back twice. We enjoyed the farming ambiance, reasonable prices and the great service. They have a great selection, but could use a couple of healthier menu options. We wished they were open for dinner as the options in Mexico are very limited.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I love to visit little mom n' pop greasy spoon diners. It's a throwback to days of old, and you can usually find something unique about each place.

Liberty Diner is no exception. They serve breakfast all day, so I took advantage and had a Saturday brunch. I'm glad I did! Not only was the service top notch, but the spices in the sausages were perfect; spicy enough to be enjoyable but not so spicy that I had tummy discomfort. The hashbrowns were absolutely delicious. The mix of herbs in them just seemed to improve as the browns were cooked crispier.

The only real negative is that there is smoking in the restaurant. And lots of people took advantage of it.

This is located a little off the beaten track. From MMA, I could have gone left to Sonic, but I chose to go right instead. I'm glad I did! I'll return to Mexico, and Liberty Diner.