Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
“Never Again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I should have heeded the warnings for this place from the earlier reviews! Never again will I stay at this location. Although my room was clean, it smelled of old smoke. I went to the store and bought Lysol spray and Fabreeze. I sprayed everything from the carpet to the drapes. There was an old nasty looking recliner in the room. I sprayed it and covered it with a baby blanket I had in my car. This was a business trip, generally we don't know how long we are going to be in one place, so I booked it till the end of the month. I actually only stayed 6 days. I informed the lady at the desk and she told me I would be recieving a refund for the days not used and that I had a corporate rate for my company. After I checked out. I called the office and was informed that since I only stayed 6 days, not 7, that not only did my corporate rate not count, bu I was changed to a daily rate. It was a direct contridiction to what I had been told while I was there. Needless to say, I never got my refund. All I can say that if I had known I would be charged the daily rate, I would have chosen a nicer place to lay my head. The room was nothing to brag about. There were people living there who looked like vagrants walking the halls. The room and hall smelled awful. I may have had bed bugs as I felt things crawling on me, but I didn't seem to have any bites..until the day AFTER I checked out! I was very dissatisfied with the "I don't care" attitude of the staff. There was only one lady there who seemed to care...and she wasn't the Manager. I wouldn't recommed this place to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have slightly less noise. The kids running down the halls won't echo so much.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cheryl J
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this review, 19 July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
Barrington, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Room 113 has bed bugs. Manager refused to acknowledge that this was a possibility stating there were none discovered upon examination and offered to put me in another room. RIGHT! And even though I was given a refund, what concerned me was the lack of responsibility to take precautionary action for the next guest staying in that room. The bites I received have all identifying markers of bed bug bites and the eradication of them from my luggage and clothing has been a huge inconvenience as well as painful. Buyer Beware! This hotel was sold out with insurance adjusters/contractors.....hope they don't experience what I did. Horrible experience!

Room Tip: Bed bugs in room 113. The manager stated they had an exterminator come out and couldn't find an...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank eddy c

Florissant, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Everything was disgusting. The walls were nasty. Looking for an outlet, I looked behind the dresser and there were piles of trash behind it. The box springs had dark stains along the side. I was afraid to look at the mattress since I didn't want to know. The carpet was old and stained. The people in the room next to us were sitting on the balcony, smoking pot. We changed rooms, hoping to get something cleaner. Didn't help.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Love2TravelWarm

Nashville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I'm always looking for a bargain since I pay all my own expenses when I travel on business. I was concerned about some of the reviews on this property, but decided to give it try. I booked my 8 day stay with a promotion on their website, and it ended up costing about the same as a Motel 6. But what a better value!

First the bad: The room shows some minor signs of wear. The carpet is very low pile with virtually no padding. The sheets on my bed are older with slightly frayed hems.

But that's about it for the downside. The property is well maintained and quiet at night. The staff was great. My flight in was delayed and I arrived at about midnight. The office is closed at that time of night, but a phone is provided to reach the night manager, and I was checked in quickly.

The room is much larger than most low cost motels. It has a nice reclining chair and kitchenette with refrigerator, stove, and microwave. The queen bed in my room was perfectly comfortable -- not too hard or soft. I have a bad back, and this was a great bed.

My recommendation is don't be afraid of the low price or other bad reviews. If you travel often, and want a good place to stay at a great price. This is a great choice. I'll stay again next time I'm in St. Louis.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

First night booked through hotwire.com - no issues. Older room, but I had little expectations for an extended stay. Clean bed, no bugs seen, overall good.
Second night attemtped through hotwire. Booked at 7:30 PM as a last minute idea to stay another night. Not the best idea to be that late, but it went though and I got a confirmation email. Showed up four hours later to check in - apparantly the extended stay KNEW they were booked, printed off a cancellation email for me to get a refund/new hotel from the website, but failed to NOTIFY me of the fact they had no rooms available and still had openings posted online. So there I was, 11:30 at night looking for a hotel when, had I known they were booked, could have been somewhere else or just went home. Then the gal at the front desk gave me a wrong number to Hotwire and that cost me another 20 minutes talking to Expedia about why they couldn't find my reservation.
Anyway. Hotwire had to refund my stay, I got a major headache, we spent $200.00 on another hotel because it was too late to drive home and no one else had an open room, the extended stay front desk locked the door because they had just closed and didn't mention that either and I heard them inside while they failed to answer the door even though I knocked after I told them I would be right back, and I got pulled over on the way to the other hotel (side note of frustration).
I agreed with the hotwire person - this was because the Extended Stay failed to do what they should have and take their posting off the internet (the front desk gal told me hotwire was at fault). The extended stay knew I was going to come in without a room available, had my phone number through the site, and did not notify Hotwire or myself personally that my room that was booked would not work out. Caused me probably $500.00 of other expenses in StL because of gas, time running around looking at other hotels, getting pulled over, not to mention stress, a headache, and loss of going to sleep when I was ready to pass out. What a poor ending to an otherwise great weekend.

Room Tip: no elevator seen - 2 story building
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
0.7 km away
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#8 of 17 in Maryland Heights
0.1 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
1.1 km away
Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central
1.3 km away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
0.8 km away
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights
0.1 km away
Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.
Address: 11827 Lackland Rd, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146-4205
Region: United States > Missouri > Saint Louis > Maryland Heights
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Price range (per night): $78 - $119
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com and Booking.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extendedstay St. Louis Westport Hotel Maryland Heights
Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd. Saint Louis, MO - Maryland Heights