All reviews lounge area cape town canal walk excellent service small kitchenette woolworths food store executive suite business stay non smoking room sister hotel recommend this hotel view of table mountain room service only criticism ratanga junction coffee shop business or pleasure
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Very comfortable hotel. Professional and friendly staff. Great place to have dinner - we were very impressed by the standard and quality of the food. My bed was very comfortable, the suite was clean and serviced every day. My only complaint was that the wifi was not good enough for me as a business traveller, it was too slow. otherwise I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Me and my wife chose this luxery hotel for many reason
First of all the close location to sea side walking pass way is wonderful
And we have a very good ocean view. Hotel lobby has good atmosphere
Many city attraction is within walking distance. Out door pool is very close to sea
For whom looking to get a good tan. Upon arrival and all. Through my stay reception
People gave us a at home feeling. As we arrived we had off and on raining but
The day after on all we had was good sunshine.

Room Tip: If you want a very good sea view chose a room from floor 4 up
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2017

We had a conference going on in Century City and we decided to stay in this hotel. I came in with my husband and my daughter, and we really had a good time. We stayed in one of the rooms that is a studio. It had everything a small fridge, a microwave and proper kitchen sink. It was perfect for my baby and ourselves.Very convenient area. The housekeeping service was great as well, kept our rooms clean and airy. The food was good but not the best. But considering the location of the hotel, we could walk to the mall where other restaurants were found.
Lastly, the breakfast area was not kept clean, we would find bugs in the fruit platters or flies. They offered us baby plates and highchair which was not clean as well. We had to wipe them with antibacterial wipes

Overall, the stay was good, we recommend high floors.During our stay, they were doing some constructing lots of dust. We also liked the hotel drivers who were courteous especially a gentleman known as Deon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing table mountain not the parking lot
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2017

It was my birthday on the 29th of May and non of the staff members noticed. Even though they had taken my license with an ID number.
However the hotel is very convenient for leisure, business etc. Close to Ratanga Junction, close to bus ranks, train station and taxi rank. Just a walk to offices if on conference, not far from Waterfront and Town.
interestingly there is a mini airport nearby and is operational incase of private landing.
Rooms are more like family rooms, inviting

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Management response:Responded 28 June 2017

Sorry we missed the opportunity to recognise your birthday. Belated congratulations!

We are pleased that otherwise you enjoyed your visit and the level of accommodation. We trust you will have an opportunity to visit Cape Town again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

The Hotel is very well located, Close to Canal walk and easy excess to the highway.
The rooms are spacious and well equipped. The glass wall between the bedroom and bathroom does not offer any privacy.

Room Tip: The rooms on the Western side have a better view
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 6 June 2017

Dear alwyn1_12

Thank you very much for staying at the Colosseum Luxury Hotel and for sharing your review. Please chat with our reservations team for your next stay and let them book you a room with a proper wall and door for the bathroom.

Wishing you great travels and looking forward to welcome you back!

Yours in hospitality