“Birthday dinner”
Review of Boogaloo

Boogaloo
Reserve with OpenTable
Boogaloo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Maplewood
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sutton
Description: Located in downtown Maplewood we are a fun, casual restaurant and bar featuring Cuban/Creole/Caribbean cuisine served both as Tapas and Large Plates. We have a fun, eclectic aesthetic with alligator skin wall paper, murals, beautiful mirrors and chandeliers and our signature swings at the bar. We serve a full selection of drinks with our specialty Mojitos and Caipirinhas as well as wine, bottled beer and 10 beers on tap.
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Loved the atmosphere in this restaurant. Fun. Instead if bar stools they have swings for the patrons to sit on. Food was great. Cajun and creole. The BBQ shrimp was spivey bad delicious! They even gave me a slice of bread pudding for my dessert. It was really good! Yum! We will definitely return

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Spent a night in St. Louis on a recent trip south. This place was close to our hotel and we like different foods. This place was great. I had the jerk half Chicken, served over yellow rice and beans and fried plantains. Best fried plantains I have ever had. My wife had the steak tacos. Great! Worth a stop!

1  Thank Anthony194
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We stopped in during a quick trip for lunch. We shared three tapas and it was more than enough for two people. They were all delicious. My favorite was the brazil nut crusted manchego. The mojito was good as well. Prices were reasonable. It was later in the afternoon, so they were not very busy on a Friday and we were seated immediately. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

There are lots of items on the menu that I have not had. I keep coming back to the things I love and even though I want to try something else, I go back to my favorites! the hummus, the mussels, the jambalaya and the gumbo. The gumbo is my fav! I love the atmosphere here too!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a Cuban restaurant, and found this place. We liked it, even though it was very busy and only two waitresses were taking care of the entire place. They were clearly overwhelmed, but still friendly and helpful. The mix of Cajun and Cuban is a little odd, but the Cuban selections were good. Restaurant has been in business for 12 or so years and has changed ownership a couple of times. Could use more help behind the bar and more waitstaff. Would probably return.