USD 71
Econo Lodge(Lebanon)
USD 64
USD 47
USD 46
Dave’s Hideaway Motel(Camdenton)(Great Value!)
USD 80
The Lodge at Old Kinderhook(Camdenton)
USD 190
USD 185
Sleep Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks(Camdenton)(Great Value!)
USD 101
USD 89
SleepInn
USD 140
All reviewsneon signthe mother roadstep back in timemom and poproute road triproute memorabiliaauthentic routeblast from the pasther husbandrooms are cleanold friendsafter a long dayramonahistoryvintagenostalgicicon
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

I am a usual traveler due to my job, I usually spend up to 75 nights a year on the road, normally I stick to my top two, Best Westerns and Hampton inns. But this trip was a moving trip and we were on a budget. So we landed in Lebanon mo as I drove enough today and my sister read about this historesque drive up motel. It's straight out of the sixties. The room was nicely decorated with drawings of old cars and fuel pumps. The bathroom was dated with old fixtures but I have to say even though they were all matching pink I never saw cleaner porcelain. I was really impressed.
Also the beds were very comfy with nice comforters. I have learned that I should give any motel a chance since not a good motels are chains/franchises. Thank you Munger Moss Motel!!!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Powertech1976
Reviewed 27 October 2016

This is an iconic Route 66 motel. Bob & Ramona Lehman are the finest and nicest people you find on the Mother Road. Excellent maintained ma & pa facility. Able to park in front of room. Food at bowling alley across the street or easy driving distance.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Route66Traveller
Reviewed 17 October 2016

If you are a person who likes the finer things in life, then Munger Moss Motel (MMM) isn’t for you. If you want to experience Americana to its fullest and hear stories of those that have travelled Route 66 before you – this is the place for you.

The rooms are comfortable enough, clean, somewhat quant and while dated, this is part of the charm. Ramona (and Bob) have owned the motel since 1971 and I loved the stories she shared on their ups-and-downs over the past 45 years. Ramona is one of those rare people in this world who likes to share herself and genuinely likes meeting/speaking with complete strangers. However, be warned, don’t ring the after-hours bell unless it’s an emergency. They like their down time.

Arriving late, I was a little worried about dinner (as no restaurant) and Ramona recommended the bowling alley across the road for pizza and beer. I took her advice. It was like going back in time. The place reminded me of blowing alleys I went to as kid - oh - so years ago. Anyhow, met some wonderful locals, bowled, knocked back a few beers after a long day riding and ate a delicious pepperoni pizza. This is Route 66 at its best. Everything I hoped it would be. Love the neon sign as well.

The good:
- Ramona (and Bob)
- History/stories
- Experience of what it was like to stay 40 years ago
- Clean rooms
- Parking in front of room
- Across from bowling alley (if that is your thing)
- Not expensive

The bad:
- Nothing to report

The ugly:
- Nothing to report

Summary:
Would I return? Yes. But then, I love quirky and different. Munger Moss Motel is everything I hoped to experience on my Route 66 (mother road) tour and I wasn’t disappointed. So many historic places on route 66 are slowly disappearing (unless rescued), but even then, you don’t get the history/stories/feel of these places without people like Ramona and Bob. See you next time.

Room Tip: Ask Ramona or Bob and visit the bowling alley if you have time
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank NZBred
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

Planned a stop at this Motel on Route 66 based on reviews and a couple travel books. We were definitely not disappointed, this was classic Route 66 from the neon sign down-to the rooms themselves. Everything was clean and well-kept and in great condition, boy was it a blast from the past. In the morning got a chance to meet the owners Bob and Ramona Lehman who were just incredible, and hospitable, and full of knowledge. Worth every penny. They say they had the best sleep on the Mother Road and they were right.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dave E
Reviewed 4 October 2016

Spent the night at Munger Moss Motel and was very pleased. It is a step back in time or somewhere to visit for the historic part of the old route 66. You can say later in life you stayed there! When they show photo's or history about 66 you can say you have been a part of that. The bed was comfortable, the only small problem I had was the A/c was under the bathroom sick and someone older may not be able to reach under and change the settings. Otherwise Ramona Lehman was a wonderful host and had a story about the history of the motel and how they came involved with it.

Room Tip: Have themed rooms and King Beds and queen beds.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business