All reviews neon sign bowling alley the mother road route experience step back in time mom and pop route history classic route her husband old school rooms are clean night's sleep old friends road trip after a long day ramona bob
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Stopped here on a Rt 66 guide recommendation. It took me back to the 50's. The room was clean but the bathroom as a whole, especially the floor, needed a good scrubbing. The beds were clean and comfortable but the TV was small with minimal channels. All in all it was an experience.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2268cs
Reviewed 14 September 2016

Munger Moss is a classic Highway 66 motel. The rooms are comfortable, quaint, and although dated, fit in with the theme of the road. The prices are very reasonable. Ramona is a wealth of information about the history of the motel and the surrounding area. Coffee is available in the office while they are open, however Ramona does not really like you to press the after hours button.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank bscrow11
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

What a fantastic place to stay . Takes you back to how it must have been . Loved being here . Rooms so nostalgic and quaint , would stay here again and would recommend if you want true Route 66 style . Clean room , comfy bed , perfect shower . Staff awesome and friendly . Superb motel

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank missjoani
Reviewed 10 September 2016

This was our first iconic motel on Route 66 and it didn't disappoint - it's everything you'd expect from an historic motel. Just like stepping into the past, from the friendly welcome to the decor and furniture. Absolutely loved it!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Loguey
Reviewed 9 September 2016

I usually camp at Gasconade Hills if I need accommodations in that neck o' the woods. I've stayed at Monger Moss twice now in lieu of GHCG. This time was just plain weird, though. I arrived at the locked door around 1 am. The open sign was flashing so I rang the doorbell. Waited about 3 minutes and rang it again. A disheveled old woman came to the door and I asked if I could have a room please. "Where are you from?" she scowled through the glass. "St. Louis. What does it matter?" She unlocked the door, we negotiated the rate and as I was signing my name to the credit card slip under her watchful eye from the other side of the counter, she farted. I bid her a quick farewell. She made it quite obvious throughout our whole time together that she wanted to be anywhere else but there. She's in the hospitality business but she was less than hospitable. Way less. The man that checked me in the first time was super nice. They need to re-evaluate their help.

• Trip type: Travelled solo