See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2016

My family and I take a float trip every year, and every year we stay here. The owners are very friendly and know most of us now. they have great sections for large groups and court yard for us all to hang out in and not disturb other groups. The price of the rooms is very reasonable, they have a pool. Though it is small we always find a way to make it fun. We have never meet an unfriendly person there and they always book up fast in the summer. We love staying here for our float trips.

Room Tip: Most rooms have 3 full size beds and a small kitchenette, the rooms in the front court year are newer and have newer kitchens.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank glmacaluso
Reviewed 22 June 2016

I have been staying at Vogels for many years. I made 3 trips there in 2015 and 2 this year totaling nearly 9 weeks. Vogels is an older motel but very clean with a pool, canoe rental and the best place in the area for fishermen. LouAnn and JD truly take customer service to the next level. They are friendly, courteous,considerate and really want your stay to be a great experience. I highly recommend this to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: Just let LouAnn and JD know what you want and they will meet your needs to the very best of their ability.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank billdryfly32
Reviewed 21 June 2016

This is a fishermans resort with clean rooms. peaceful and quiet. There is camping available and a nice pool. The property is well maintained and no issues with over crowding or loud noises. I have stayed at other facilities with more modern touch but I prefer cleanliness over all.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank junecleaver2016
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I stayed in this motel during labor day weekend in September 2015. The facility had good AC, a full sized fridge, and an acceptable shower/toilet. I was not expecting anything fancy. The night we arrived we discovered that a side door with access to one of the bedrooms would not lock. The manager said that it did work and that we were just doing it wrong. After asking for them to come down and fix the lock, one of the employees finally believed us when he could not secure the door himself. To his credit he did replace the doorknob and lock that day. That evening my girlfriend and I found TICKS in our bed and some other type of bug. I am accustomed to an occasional household bug but this was much more. I killed at least 4 ticks in my bed. My girlfriend subsequently killed over a dozen various bugs in our bedroom that night. We informed the management in the morning and let them know that we wanted that previous night compensated back to our account.<br/><br/>Their immediate response was to accuse us of tracking ticks and bugs in with us when we arrived. It is important to note that we were there for a float trip, however, we had yet to do anything near a river or wooded area . . . we had just arrived. After a battle, they finally gave us a different room for our second night. The second room appeared ok. We did not have any issues with bugs in this room. We subsequently went on our float trip. We talked to other couples going to the same area, who were staying at the same motel. They claim that they had their room compensated due to the fact they had mouse droppings in their oven. I cannot verify this since it did not happen to me. <br/><br/>The day of our checkout we attempted to address these issues. We again repeated our request to have our first night comped. The lady at the front desk was combative from the start. She said that there is no way there were any bugs in her rooms. She claimed that she "sprays every day" etc. etc. She again accused us of tracking in dirt and bugs. She refused to discuss the bill with us because our group had already pre-paid for the rooms. We stated that we wanted our card credited for our first nights stay. They threatened to call the sheriff on us if we didn't leave. The male employee (one with the lazy eye) yelled repeatedly at me in the office when I simply wanted to talk to him. They kept yelling that "we aren't doing this" and claimed they would have me arrested. I asked what he was going to have the sheriff try to arrest me for, since we already paid. They had no response. We eventually left because they were hostile and combative.

It's clear that its an old facility and that they simply want to get as much money out of it as possible. They don't care about customers nor do they want to hear any complaints. They are doing a minimalist job and will not refund any money if you have an issue. I am going to be contacting the Better Business Bureau and the County health department. I would not feel comfortable staying here. If you stay here DO NOT PRE-PAY. I would avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank John K
Reviewed 18 September 2014

One of the most expensive rooms in the area with MUCH LESS ROOM. Very outdated by at least 40 years. Bathtub non-slip stickers stuck all over the walls for decorations. Had to step up about 2 1/2 feet to get into the shower and it is a long way down when trying to get out. Nothing in kitchenette to work with. Had to set coffee pot over in the bathroom sink to be near a plug in. Carpeting on the walls. Pillows were flat and worthless. The room smelled like old people's feet. Other motels have 3 times the space for $10 to $20 less per night. I've stayed in most motels in the area and this is, by far, the absolute worst place EVER. Even if it is the last room in 30 mile are I will NEVER EVER stay here again. They need to shut down and gut the entire place and start over. The porch area was nice and there was a nice quilt on the bed. FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO STAY. Camping in a tent is better accommodations than this. HELL SLEEPING IN YOUR CAR IS EVEN BETTER THAN THIS.

Room Tip: stay anywhere but here.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends