1,247 results
All reviews spa shiki japanese garden lobby bar main pool view of the lake get away memorial day weekend long weekend full kitchen fire pit off season golf course avila hk atrium ozarks marina
Reviewed 2 November 2016

We booked a room during the fall and for the price we paid, it was a great deal. The room was nothing special, but it was clean and comfortable. However, it's worth staying here for the amenities. We enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub and loved the fire that the staff lights every night. We remarked that it would be great to stay here in the summer when we could enjoy the outdoor pool and marina. Would definitely come back!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LarryRMc, General Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor - we appreciate your kind kind words. We were happy to hear you had a nice stay. We hope to see you return soon. though all the seasons are great here October is a beautiful time here. It is cooler, the views on the golf courses and from the lake are spectacular as the foliage changes, and you have more of the resort to yourself. Fall & Spring are the best times to come, for some reason though hot summer is when the big crowds come, if out door pools, and the lake activity, and crowds are for you -it's summer!

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

This was a great fall getaway for my wife and I for our anniversary. The hotel and HK Restaurant staff went not only out of their way, but above and beyond to make this a perfect weekend!!! My wife and I hope to make this an annual tradition!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking to post your kind review on TripAdvisor. we enjoy hearing back from our happy guest. Many couples have found the lodge to be a place to celebrate special occasions. Every weekend we have couple celebrating anniversaries, Honeymoons, birthdays and getting engaged. Actually I just filled out a welcome card for a couple that have been returning for their anniversary year after year. Tomorrow they celebrate 55 years! We are so honored to be part of couples life memories.

We look forward to a future visit.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

My wife and I love to come down to the Lake of the Ozarks and stay at the Lodge during the fall season. The beauty of the foliage during this time is beautiful. Its quiet and relaxing.

The staff at the Lodge are always extremely welcoming and eager to help with any need. Our room at the Lodge had been renovated and updated, and was very nice.

We also enjoyed taking advantage of the spa onsite. Spa Shiki is a wonderful place to get a massage and relax in the many services that they provide. The hot tub is nice to slip into after a massage, and the staff are incredible.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor - we appreciate your kind words. We were happy to hear you had a nice stay. We hope to see you return soon. October is a beautiful time here. It is cooler, the views on the golf courses and from the lake are spectacular as the foliage changes. Fall & Spring are the best times to come, for some reason though hot summer is when the big crowds come, But those seeking rest and rejuvenation will find it in Fall and Spring!

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

We did a weekend getaway to the lodge for our anniversary. Neither my husband or I care much about the room we stay in since we are never there, just as long as it's clean, we are happy. The rooms here are clean. The a/c in our room wasn't working, it was 85+ Friday and Saturday so our room was hot. There is a vent on the wall outside the bathroom near the ground with a light in it. It lights up the entire room at night. I have never seen anything like it. We put a pillow over it.
The only restaurant open was HK's. The activity list they gave us at the front desk said happy hour was from 4-7pm. So we sat at the bar and were told that it actually ended at 6. Lots of inconsistency on that. The bartender, Shawn, was great. We decided to have dinner there. They gave us a great seat by the window. The waiter we had was one of the worst I've ever had. And the food was overpriced. $6 for a side of Brussels sprouts??? Also, we were told there were two crab cakes, but only came out with one. Wasn't much of a meal. One crab cake lying on some corn salsa.
The second night we decided to order pizza from room service. I called the number on the menu and it just rang. Called to the front desk and he said the number on the menu was incorrect. Another inconsistency.
The grounds are great. Lots of things to do. We played the yard games and swam in the pool and hot tub. While sitting out by the fire, Jeff, the security guy came by and chatted for a while. Great guy.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brandi F

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay. Your comments are important to us, without your feedback we cannot address the issues we may not be aware of.
All of us at the Lodge of the Four Seasons resort take great professional pride in our resort and the reputation we have had over the years. It upsets us to learn that we did not meet your expectations. I apologize for any discomfort or inconvenience this may have caused you.
The "vent" you describe is a night light to aid unfamiliar guest finding there way to the bathroom at night. I also discussed your food comments with the Chef for further action.

We do hope that should your travels return you to the lake that you consider a future stay at the Lodge of Four Seasons.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for three nights in a King, remodeled room. The room is very attractive and LARGE! So much space. As other reviews have indicated, the bathroom didn't match the room: shower grout was dirty and wall behind toilet appeared "bubbled" and water damaged. There were two balconies with a partial lake view. The view was incidental with our booking but I would've been disappointed had I chosen and paid more as 75% of the view was of the hotel rooftops and rooftop equipment. I really don't understand why there isn't a fridge in room! There's only one restaurant and it closes by 10pm. No fridge after a remodel? Might as well not have towels too- so bizarre. There are nice amenities, but being there in the off season showed inconsistencies: There's a complimentary movie theater in the hotel- kind of cool. The movies and times are listed, but a different movie was playing when we walked by... there were only two people so I'm guessing that the couple asked for a certain movie- nice that they accommodated but that made me unsure of the rest of the "schedule". (No HBO in the room btw)
It was 80 degrees the day we arrived (a Sunday). I'm not sure if the outdoor pool was open because there was no one out there, but the pool bar was definitely closed. At check in, they told us HK's was the only restaurant that was open but mentioned that there is a pool bar "when it's open"... which is when?? Pretty unclear. Hk's menu on Sunday night had some steaks and pasta listed, but when we looked Monday, it had only sandwiches (smaller food) and then Tues listed steak again. I would've guessed there was a lunch vs dinner menu or a weekend vs weekday menu, but we saw the sandwich menu Mon late afternoon and the steak menu Tues late morning. Huh? Anyway, we didn't eat there but we did order room service on Sunday night. Now, the hotel was a virtual ghost town and it took 45-50 min for our lukewarm food to arrive. My husband was told he couldn't order a mid rare burger because it would make the fries soggy. Huh again? Separate plate maybe? My barely warm quesadilla was disappointing- the fries were pretty warm. My husbands burger was ok and the beer dip was thin and soupy- not really dip and the toasted pitas were partly stale. $55 for burger, quesadilla, side salad, dip and 2 waters... underwhelming. To make it worse, the room service attendant was unpleasant. I opened the door and gave a friendly "hi". She said nothing and walked in with the food like we were bothering her. I asked her if she receives the $9 room service charge and she said "no". I questioned that and she changed her answer to "part of it". Ugh. So a few more dollars and now I'm over $60 for a bad meal that took a long time to revive and was received in an unpleasant manner. ;(
The entry to this hotel is gorgeous. The outdoor pool area and view of the lake are spectacular. The workout room is amazing as well. There's also a game room and a children's area. I think it's a work in progress- I think with a few more tweaks it could be amazing!
Last note- we went to this area specifically to golf- this is listed as a "golf resort". Front desk employees couldn't tell me if I receive a golf discount for staying there. Also, the Ridge course closed the day we arrived. Highly disappointing since this info is pretty imbedded in the details on the page. Also, confusing because it was 80 degrees and when we booked a month before, there was a package offered that included golf at this course. We did play the Cove which was beautiful and had great service

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dtwb

We want to thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor in regards to your recent stay at the Lodge of Four Seasons. We appreciate the time it took as it assists us in monitoring our service delivery. All of us strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and it is always rewarding to hear back from guests with "constructive criticism but otherwise had a nice visit.
The lodge has transitioned to our fall season, meaning we have reduced ,or closed some areas of operation; pools, restaurants and one of the golf courses, in addition to the marina facilities. Though 80 degree temperatures are not the norm for this time of year we have had unusual temperatures which may leave people wondering why our outdoor bar is not open. The menu issue in HK's is due to the fact we offer the lunch menu until 4:30 pm and then the dinner menu is offered. I have reviewed your room service comments with the staff there for immediate action.

Again, thank you for the compliments we hope to see you again in the near future should your travels return you to our door, until then…

Best regards,