“Wonderful Cafe inside Schnucks”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chef's Express At Schnucks
Ranked #36 of 70 Restaurants in Kirkwood
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Years ago, we used to live in St. Louis and Schnucks was always one of our favorite grocery stores. When visiting our niece in St. Louis for Graduation, she took us to the Schnucks "flagship" store which has a wonderful food bar, great deli with delicious prepared foods to go or eat there, beautiful, fresh salad bar and a climate-controlled wine section filled with all kinds of delicious varieties. They also have a very good selection of liquors available. A nice eating area is provided if you just want to pick up lunch or dinner and eat it there before you go grocery shopping. A wonderful store with a huge variety of products to choose from. Cashiers are also very helpful and friendly.

1  Thank Jan B

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Bow-legged with grocery shopping, laden with wine and beer, happy with the service in the supermarket aisles, we needed feeding.
Now, ordinarily I wouldn't hang around the restaurant and takeaway section of a large food shop, but this experience has changed my mind.
I ordered a home-made BLT - good bacon on a large square foccacia with garlic mayo, lettuce and tomato.
OK, if I was making it for myself - instead of having one of the Schnucks guys make it for me - I'd have put in two or even three lettuce leaves to add a bit of crunch, and perhaps half a dozen tomato slices rather than four.
Leave that aside; this was heated up for me, well packed and well made.
In the end, my bride and I settled for one of these BLT specials plus a small container of French onion soup (very tasty too), and sat outside on the collection of 10 tables and chairs by the car park to eat it.
Downside: all you look at is cars parking and driving away, while smokers sit around you.
Upside: Once the smokers have stubbed out, you can breathe the air.
It's excellent food, well and quickly prepared. Even if there's a big group of you, there will be something for everyone.

1  Thank PUMBRIDGE
Reviewed 25 April 2016

The live music and delicious food make this a winner for a Friday or Saturday evening when you don't feel like cooking or going somewhere fancy. Extensive menu, reasonable prices and you can buy your wine at the grocery aisle and they will uncork it for you; no extra charge. Everything we've tried has been great and kids love this place.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

What a great idea! We have now been here several times for both breakfast and dinner. The concept of "pick your own", or "I would like it to be fresh", is right here at Schnucks. Pick out your own steak, your own wine, order your sides, and your off to the races.
I love the place and the idea.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Variety and good cooks! The full food bar and bakery was great. Along with the hot food area. The presentation in this area is very nice along side the holiday decorations as well.