All reviewsspeak easypower and light districta king deluxe roomspeakeasy barold school charmbeautiful hotelsprint centermodern conveniencesfree trolleycorner roomvalet parkingvalet staffclassic hoteltwo blockswalking distancerestaurants and barssitting area
Reviewed 14 September 2017

The hotel is in a great location you can pretty much walk to any bar or restaurant in power and light. The hotel itself if very neat. Our room was not the cleanest : used k cup in coffee maker, pubic hair in the bath tub, hair in the corner of the bathroom. Also the most uncomfortable bed!!!! So broken down it needed replaced so badly. We had a horrible night sleep both nights and left with stiff backs. The lock on the door also fell off during out stay.

1  Thank Nichole P
hotelphillipsonline, General Manager at Hotel Phillips Kansas City, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Nichole, thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel's downtown location and the hotel overall. I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered in your room, these will definitely be looked into. I would love to talk with you more about your stay if you wouldn't mind emailing me at mkccu_gm@hilton.com.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

For 48 hours, I felt as if I was in New York City....the style and decor of the hotel are breath-taking. The Staff is professional and extremely courteous. The rooms were a dream! Not another Dr's waiting room style guest room, but Suite like space with very comfortable beds.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I've been wanting to try this hotel since I first visited KC a couple of months ago and even though there were some minor irritants, I did enjoy my stay. Here are few things to highlight:
1. Get a room on a high floor, but don't get the corner room like I did. The room itself was large, but it was right next to the emergency exit and the Service Elevator. Whenever I walked past the Service Elevator, there was always either piles of towels, or dirty items stored there. There was also plenty of noise in the mornings as the cleaning crew got ready to start the day.
2. The Diamond members do get free breakfast but please not that only gets you a continental breakfast, and a very minimal one at that. This is a stark difference to the Hilton President that had an amazing breakfast fully cooked to order for Diamond members. Also staff were not the friendliest so you have to track them down if you need extra coffee.
3. The downstairs Speakeasy is pretty cool so check that out at the end of the day and have one of the bar staff make you a drink.

I'm sure I'll be back again in KC and this may be the place I will come back to again.

Room Tip: High Floors
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2017

This was a really unique place to stay. Very old style hotel but has been completely redone inside. Really nice accommodations with the speak easy bar in the basement? The excellent coffee shop, and the restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
hotelphillipsonline, General Manager at Hotel Phillips Kansas City, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback, I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! We are thrilled about our recent renovations and are glad you enjoyed them as well. We hope to see back again soon!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This is our first revisit to the Hotel Phillips since they completed their remodeling and refurbishing. While a stunning hotel in a great location, it is still the quality of the staff that makes this such a wonderful hotel. Everyone, from Aaron (the manager I believe), Kellie, front desk, Dawn in Tavernoona, Billy Williams the shuttle driver, went out of their way to assure we had a memorable visit. In over 50 years of staying in hotels all over the country, I don't think we have ever stayed in a cleaner facility, where everyone works to keep the beautiful hotel in prime condition. The wood work, the iron work, etc., have all been redone in the 1930s style. Wonderful visit, and we can't wait for our next visit.

Room Tip: I b believe all the rooms have been refurbished in the past 2-years,