1,864 results
All reviews crown center the link union station hospital hill the club lounge room service starbucks coffee attending a conference business trip parking garage per day enjoyed my stay power and light district self park very nice hotel bed was very comfortable fitness center
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I usually stay with family in town but had an early morning start one day of the conference. When a friend was checking in a few days prior to my date, we asked about the chance of getting an adjoining room. They were able to accommodate this request and knowing what my room would be days in advance was very helpful!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Jim S, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your warm comments on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear our staff was friendly and accommodating, making sure you had everything you needed for a successful stay. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This hotel & its staff provides the utmost in cleanliness, well maintained facilities, great food & an amazing set of people who are focused on the customer. I stay here at least once a year for my annual PDW conference. I have not been disappointed once.

Room tip: Stay in a suite in order to use the top floor center. Great place for drinks & appetizers as well as breakfast with a fantastic view of KC
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jim S, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. It is great you enjoyed your overall stya with us and were able to indulge in all the amenities provided to you as our guest. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

hotel lobby is beautiful. rooms are modern, clean, and well organized with power outlets easily accessible and no cramped spaces. staff is very friendly. It is in close proximity to many restaurants and easily accessible by car.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. It is great you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy all the comforts of the hotel. We truly value your business and hope to have theopportunity to serve you as our guest again.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is lovely, staff friendly, and rooms comfortable. We did get in our rooms before check-in for a conference, which was helpful as we left rooms immediately upon dropping off our bags. Upon returning at 6:30 p.m., I noticed one of my pillows appeared to have a head indentation and then I noticed makeup and stains on top portions of sheets and comforter. Ick. I called front desk and was told it would be changed. Upon return at 10:30 p.m., the bed covers not changed. I went to front and spoke with manager and showed attached photos. He said they'd fix it. They showed up 30 minutes later with only sheets! No pillowcases or comforter. Super ick as not only were those my problems items, but it hints to lack of thoroughness and attention to sanitation details. Finally, to sleep after being up travelling and conferencing for 21 hours!

Then, we only had one bar of soap to share between sink and shower. Only had one set of towels and washcloths that were not changed out nor trash emptied. Since we had not selected the green/environmental option, we had our towels and such on the floor and needed replacements regardless. Again, called about 5:30 p.m., told they'd be brought up, learned they weren't brought once we returned from night's events around midnight. I went to desk and Lindsey the friendly, customer service driven manager brought the linens to our room and checked on us (she deserves to be promoted and used as a mentor).

Well, then I had one of my two rooms I paid for had a room service charge. Typically, not a problem except that I specifically asked if both rooms could have such charges blocked as I had students with me. Despite being told, students are students, which is why I asked for all extra room charges to be blocked. I was told this was done, then upon check out we faced charges. Again, Lindsey was gracious and luckily the offending student had a credit card for this prohibited charge.

I hope the sanitation and cleaning issues are more a single personal issues than something more pervasive as cost-saving moves. This is critical and spoils the rating quality for the other great features. I go to a hotel for a clean, safe accommodations and pay for such a higher tier hotel for the extra amenities. Cleanliness and service are fundamental for a cheap motel or expensive hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us. It sounds like we missed several opportunities and we are very disappointed, as you rightly were. This is not our standard, and not what our typical guest experiences. We apologize for your room not being clean to standard. Our housekeeping staff has strict guidelines to follow for each room, and we will be sure to review our procedures to prevent similar occurrences. We will also discuss the importance of honoring a guest's requests when possible and showing a sense of urgency to our guests' needs. Again, we are sorry for disappointing you but hope you will give us a chance in the near future to redeem ourselves.

Jim Snow

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Standard room and amenities, A/C did not cool the room. Parking was around the corner and quite a walk from the garage to the front desk. Helpful staff at desk but needed more staff for the busy weekend. Stopped in the coffee shop - attendant very personable and cheerful, even with all the high school students in for the weekend.

Spectator's pub - great burgers, half price during happy hour. Saturday night - different story. Servers were slow to approach table, drinks took time also. Ordered food, kitchen was so slow our son had to leave before his food was even delivered. Then the wings were the wrong flavor. Server was kind enough to give us both wing orders for the fridge but they didn't get eaten. The longer we sat, the service became better.

Great location - walking distance to Union Station, other restaurants, other KC attractions.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us. We are glad you experienced several moments of excellent hospitality from our staff, but we would have loved for you to receive excellent service throughout your entire visit. We apologize that this was not the case and that you. We will share your comments with our team so that we can better improve for the future. Again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Jim Snow