“Extremely Good Value for money”

Super 8 Kansas City Airport
Ranked #66 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 18 May 2012

As a student/backpacker having needing a late night hotel this place was superb. For less than $50.00 bucks you got free return shuttle service to and from airport, free breakfast and an extremely clean and comfortable room. Service was helpful and quick.
Fantastic all round value.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank chris_lufc
Sheila A, Manager at Super 8 Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Thank you very much for the review. We would like to encourage everyone to write reviews, good ones and not so good ones. This is one way we find out what the customer likes and dislikes. Again thank you for your kind words and we hope you think about us next time you are traveling through Kansas City, MO.
Sheila
Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2012

The person that checked us in was very nice and so helpful in all our questions. the room was very clean and very up to date.

Room Tip: excellent. we had room 101
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Sheryl P, Manager at Super 8 Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Thank you! Our staff takes a lot of pride in seeing our customers leave satisfied. We really appreciate the positive feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 September 2011

(Sunday, 09/25/2011)

My partner and I got in very, very late Saturday night\Sunday morning (I had checked in to the hotel on Friday evening for a weekend stay in KC).

At 9:00 am I had called the office and asked the manager about a later checkout than 11 am. He replied that I could check out by 12 pm without a surcharge.

At 11:00 the cleaning staff knocked on our door for cleaning service, EVEN THOUGH THE "DO NOT DISTURB" SIGN WAS ON THE DOOR NOB.

At 11:22 am the office called the room asking when I was coming to the office to check out. I told the office personnel that I will be checking out late, sometime early afternoon, and that I would pay the surcharge.

At 11:45 am the office called the room and said that I needed to come to the office NOW, so that they could charge my card the surcharge. I replied that I would take care of it when I checked out in the early after noon.

At 12:20 am the office called the room and requested when I was coming to the office to check out, to which I replied, soon!

At 12:45 am the office called the room and I simply picked up the receiver and hung up.

(This behavior was completely unnecessary harassment.)

At 1:20 pm I went to the desk and said that the repeated phone calls were simply uncalled for, to which the manager berated me for not coming to the office in a timely manner, at which point a heated argument ensued.

My family and I are heavy travelers and we have stayed in many dozens of hotels and I have never experienced anything like that. That was the poorest example of customer service I have ever seen,

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Sheila A, General Manager at Super 8 Kansas City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. I am very sorry that your stay was not all it could be, but wanted to let you know this Super 8 has changed hands and managers. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Sheila

Reviewed 31 August 2011

The new Super 8 tag line is "Destination Super". Unfortunately, not all of the properties are up to that standard, including this one. This was our first stay at a Super 8 property. We were expecting more. Why do they build multi-floor motels without an elevator? There was something about the smell in the motel that was not clean and fresh. We had picked the motel because their website says "the Hotel Shuttle (to Kansas City International airport) is a free service offered". What the website doesn't say is that they charge you for parking ($4.50/day). We have stayed in other hotel/motels in this same area that provide free shuttle (AND parking). We won't stay here again. The shuttle van was filthy. No Internet.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Had a flight canceled and this hotel was on the airport board near baggage claim for giving "distressed passenger fares". Little did we know the hotel would also be distressed. Airport shuttle service went well and the bed was comfy, that is the end of the good things. Now all the bad things. Breakfast, and I use that term loosely, was straight out of when continental breakfasts first began, skip it. Doors to the room and the bathroom didn't fit right and had to be jammed to close even at all. Carpet and furnishings were also out of ther 1970s. The shelf above the closet area had a layer of filth and dirt, most likely from the 1970s since it had been cleaned. When you shut off the bathroom facuet, the entire fixture moves about 3 inches! And to top it off an employee busted through the door in the morning without even knocking or asking if anyone was in the room. TV was ancient and was lucky to have 10 channels. This place might have had better days, maybe 20-30 years ago! Run away from this place, not towards it. Please don't stay here, you'll be sorry.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business